Search found 1272 matches

by Mick70RR
Sat Sep 26, 26 1:39 pm
Forum: The Workshop
Topic: Voltage Regulator and 18 volt charging
Replies: 2
Views: 65

Re: Voltage Regulator and 18 volt charging

I had a regulator fail. On the way to work one morning I noticed the ammeter was endstopping above 1500rpm. I had to drive the car to work and back while keeping the revs below 1500rpm. Changed the regulator when I got home and back to normal. Luckily I caught it early and the battery survived ...
by Mick70RR
Sat Jul 04, 26 11:01 pm
Forum: General Stuff
Topic: can't get onto rockauto site?
Replies: 3
Views: 1211

Re: can't get onto rockauto site?

Just tried it and no problem .
by Mick70RR
Thu Jun 04, 26 7:29 pm
Forum: The Workshop
Topic: Johnny's Dart repairs
Replies: 306
Views: 282853

Re: Johnny's Dart repairs

A gearbox is what they call a steering box in the USA. They call a gearbox as we know it a transmission.
by Mick70RR
Tue Apr 21, 26 10:14 pm
Forum: Restoration & Miscellaneous
Topic: old fuel
Replies: 4
Views: 39573

Re: old fuel

I'd keep it and use it for cleaning oil and grease off stuff.
by Mick70RR
Mon Mar 16, 26 2:57 pm
Forum: The Mopar Lounge
Topic: Raising car on 4 axle stands
Replies: 31
Views: 143394

Re: Raising car on 4 axle stands

I rebuilt the old Epco 65 last year. All you need is a few imperial o rings and a couple of PTFE washers. The PTFE washers are impossible to find so I made them on the lathe from PTFE sheet. I also made a new saddle that's lower than the original.
Epco 65.jpg
Epco 65.jpg (89.73 KiB) Viewed 12598 times
by Mick70RR
Tue Mar 10, 26 11:03 pm
Forum: The Mopar Lounge
Topic: Random Pics...
Replies: 6693
Views: 4847213

Re: Random Pics...

Stu Twin wrote: Tue Mar 10, 26 10:18 pm A face only a mother could love :geek:
My thoughts exactly :)
by Mick70RR
Thu Feb 12, 26 8:31 pm
Forum: The Mopar Lounge
Topic: Raising car on 4 axle stands
Replies: 31
Views: 143394

Re: Raising car on 4 axle stands

I own three trolley jacks. An old 2 ton Epco which I've had since the 70,s and two modern Chinese 3 ton jacks. One of the Chinese jacks is identical to the one Steve bought but is badged as a Rocwood, the other is an SGS but a different model to the jack Steve has.
I decided to calculate the safe ...
by Mick70RR
Mon Aug 18, 25 6:05 pm
Forum: Transmission, Axle & Brakes
Topic: B body axle
Replies: 3
Views: 76435

Re: B body axle

I think the springs are further apart on a 71 so the perches will have to be repositioned for a 69.
by Mick70RR
Tue Aug 05, 25 9:04 pm
Forum: Engine, Carburation & Electrics
Topic: billet ally thermostat housing ??
Replies: 15
Views: 97668

Re: billet ally thermostat housing ??

I've had one on the Road Runner for years and just used a standard gasket.
by Mick70RR
Fri Jun 13, 25 6:24 pm
Forum: The Workshop
Topic: Blue's Barracuda
Replies: 1179
Views: 1439355

Re: Blue's Barracuda

I noticed my brake lights were not working a few weeks ago. A few days before I'd had the dash out and when I'd got it all back together and connected the battery I noticed the hazard lights were on so switched them off. The brake lights are routed first through the hazard light switch and then the ...
by Mick70RR
Thu May 29, 25 8:50 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Few more Brooklands pics
Replies: 11
Views: 11750

Re: Few more Brooklands pics

I like the 38 Plymouth Business Coupe, not seen that before.
by Mick70RR
Mon Mar 25, 24 8:14 pm
Forum: General Stuff
Topic: 50 years apart
Replies: 11
Views: 18578

Re: 50 years apart

Platform boots :D
Congratulations.
by Mick70RR
Wed Feb 28, 24 10:58 pm
Forum: Bodywork, Chassis & Suspension
Topic: Strut Rod Bush?
Replies: 10
Views: 73548

Re: Strut Rod Bush?

Those washers are the wrong way round.
by Mick70RR
Wed Aug 16, 23 9:40 pm
Forum: The Workshop
Topic: Adjustable leaf shackles E body
Replies: 18
Views: 54623

Re: Adjustable leaf shackles E body


From what I can see those aren’t super stock springs, or at least not the right poundage for the car. New super stock springs with long KYB shocks is the cheapest fix IMO. Caltrac monoleafs only come in stock or lower ride height so that’s not going to work for you.


Caltracs are available as ...
by Mick70RR
Tue May 09, 23 10:14 pm
Forum: General Stuff
Topic: CB radios
Replies: 4
Views: 16268

Re: CB radios

Now and again I scan the CB FM channels and there's very little activity. The M6 motorway is about a mile from where I live and I sometimes hear truckers on channel 19 come and go. There's a few stations pop up on the same channels each time, some I can't copy while others are fairly strong signals ...