Help from any Swedish owners on Reg Docs

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

raven68

Help from any Swedish owners on Reg Docs

Post by raven68 »

Need a little bit of clarification. I've purchased an imported Swedish vehicle and got Part 1 of the registration document. DVLA are asking why I did not enclose Part 2. Its my understanding that the Swedish owner would have surrendered Part 2 when selling the vehicle for export as they have to officially de-register their ownership with the Swedish transport agency using Part 2. Can any Swedish owners/readers (or a UK importer) confirm this is the case or should I have a copy of Part 2 somehow.

You would think that DVLA should know that but just want to try and establish the facts before I write back to them quoting them the relevant webpages from the Swedish Transport Agency..... !
1970 Challenger 383 MMA-074
1968 Charger 440 MMA-80
Motorama

Re: Help from any Swedish owners on Reg Docs

Post by Motorama »

I bought a classic in from Sweden 2 years ago, seller gave me blue and yellow portions of the reg doc and sent in the white part. I sent the yellow part to the DVLA, they asked for blue part, i sent the blue part and they kept both of them. Id previuosly imported a car from Sweden and sent the blue part and they asked for the yellow part, both parts are essntially the same though bar the colour and as long as it has the VIN etc shouldnt be a problem
sublimemike
Location: oxford - the dreaming spires where cars in the city are banned

Post by sublimemike »

When you write to them give them your phone number and get them to call you. It will save a lot of time. The person you speak to will then go and consult with their supervisor and help to get things moving. If you wait for post to and fro you will be waiting until Xmas. They are a nightmare ...last car I brought in from Canada they sent my docs back on some minor issue that wasn't valid and included some other poor guys docs who was trying or get a Yamaha RD1 import registered from Japan.
if you think speed kills don't get on a plane
raven68

Post by raven68 »

Thanks guys - not got the yellow Part 2 but like you say they both have the same information on them so I can't see what the issue will be. I'm writing back to say I wasn't given Part 2 but I'll give them my phone number as you say; good point thanks. Fingers crossed it'll be OK as its a bog standard vehicle with a clear VIN and a first registration date on it, etc. Thanks again
1970 Challenger 383 MMA-074
1968 Charger 440 MMA-80
Motorama

Post by Motorama »

Hopefully be ok, i always put my phone number and email in an application but they always write instead. I also always find something that decodes the VIN to show the year of manufacture and print it out and include it like a page from a shop manual or similar, i know it says it on the reg doc but they are jobworths