stolen yanks being bangered

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

mr m

Re: stolen yanks being bangered

Post by mr m »

and u bet ur own car nothing will be done in the way of punishment to the scum they will be down the pub bragging about it
surprised the the old bill even turned up
IF ITS ON WHEELS, LOWER IT!!
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Its in the press and on just about every english speaking motoring site you can find.....

heartbreaking for the owners of the cars and the recovery vehicle

given the track and police were aware at 2:30 pm you'd think something could have been done before the race....

I think promotors/race series sanctioning have a lot to answer for, the specification for a "Legal" car is still very focused on a rules laid down in the 70s and 80s, something thats easier to achive if you strip, cage and set up a cortina granada or front engined rear wheel drive yank

think you would be hard pushed to get current "front wheel drive and plastic" breakers yard fodder to comply. its all quite technical, totally focused on technology and drive train layout , in what we now think of as classics. It doesn't lend itself to turning a 15 year old breakers yard vauxhall audi or skoda into a suitable chariott, just disposal of air bags sound deadening/wires/motors/anything flamable, mainly the interior plastic, properly, makes it too much hassle.

saw a race in the last season at wimbledon that was all granada estates.....at that time 10 years ago i had not seen one on the road in years, where did they all come from?

dubious entertainment but enjoyed it with the kids once or twice

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Blue

Post by Blue »

Yea stuff like running it off a small fuel tank inside the car is going to present issues on a modern car as is the sheer volume of interior and plastic to be disposed of/flytipped...

I've also seen the track at Ringwood advertising that they are still open so that wasn't the last event either.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
mr m

Post by mr m »

40+ years ago raced myself for many years on the oval circuits and then in more recent years my son raced and quite a few times at ringwood, unfortunately the oval scene seems to attract a certain breed and that breed are also promoters i am sorry to say
IF ITS ON WHEELS, LOWER IT!!