Just joined up

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Furyous

Post by Mr Furyous »

Wow nice pic guy looks like a 4x4, since then after we blew the motor at euro finals, robinsons put a front tube chassis in it narrowed axle again and dropped it about 5" all round, stuck a 500 ci another built 727 and tagged it down to 8.50. Last season wth teething probs we ran a 9.96 at 135.probably another 10 th in it somewhere also de lettered it just black n silver now, will try and post some pics when I learn
autofetish

Post by autofetish »

The closer you are to death the more alive you are
Dart Vader

Post by Dart Vader »

Hi Keith

Swindon Massive send you greetings

:thumbright:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Guy wrote:No Rob that was Big Dogs from Luton you are thinking about ;)
:oops: I was thinking this might be the one Dave had up for sale last year that had the 'hemi' in. I thought he said it was the old Cost Cutters car

Must be me getting all confused in my old age :help:

Pic from 2010

Guy

Post by Guy »

Mr Furyous wrote:Wow nice pic guy looks like a 4x4, since then after we blew the motor at euro finals, robinsons put a front tube chassis in it narrowed axle again and dropped it about 5" all round, stuck a 500 ci another built 727 and tagged it down to 8.50. Last season wth teething probs we ran a 9.96 at 135.probably another 10 th in it somewhere also de lettered it just black n silver now, will try and post some pics when I learn
I was with Dave, Mark and Ade when you got back to your pits with the blown motor and I thought I had better not pop over at that point. I knew that you had de-lettered it but haven't got any recent photos.
Mr Furyous

Post by Mr Furyous »

yep that was an expensive day 1st run out qualifying on the thursday rod and piston out both sides of the block at about 1000 foot still ran 11.36 @96 lol . strangely weird though, a year to the day first quailifier at same meeting with new combo came out of burn out bang, snapped a rocker bent push rod cracked lifters. Managed to fix had time for one shot qualifier then pulled front bearing out of box in 1st round elims oh how we laughed not.