Mr Furyous at the Pod

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Furyous

Mr Furyous at the Pod

Post by Mr Furyous »

Wow what a weekend turned up for the test n tune thursday, first pass blew the cracked lexan screen into the car at 133 mph only the rear view mirror and tacho saving me from a beheading. Managed to buy a new sheet of lexan had it cut and fitted by 8oc that nite, so that was testing messed up however we were still in the game. 4 runs on friday gave us 2000th and 3000th off our dial in putting us no 1 qualifier and equalling our pb of 9.85 @ 134. Saturday we managed 1 run due to the weather and pro cars running lost out to Jon Turner who nicked no 1 off me by 10 1000th so you could say mopars dominated pro et. Then came 36 hours of rain untill monday when we waited till 8.30 in the evening for our only elimination. Great match up with the other 64, Dave Baileys Valiant. A red light for dave and with a sticky track due to pro cars all day and air density of 426, made for a new PB of 9.82 @134. Stayed over till the tuesday morning where I managed to lock my keys in the Ram and later drove off with only part of the caravan hitch connected resulting with a huge bang and me red faced. Roll on the summer nats and some sun
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Never a dull moment then! :D
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Mick

Post by Mick »

That's good going what's the motor, car weight etc.
Mick
Mr Furyous

Post by Mr Furyous »

Hi its a 500 stroker 1150 dommie indy heads ,harland sharps, pro alloy springs 696 crower 12 1 comp, 10" verter, built frostie 727, dana 4.56 gears. Runs c12 mix 80 20 with super unleaded We have a mostly chrome moly front tube chassis and prop so with me in the car it weighs in at 3060 lbs, have been tuning the rear suspension and tyre pressures and have got the car running consistent 1.34 60 ft. Launch at 3000rpm
Mick

Post by Mick »

That's a great 60ft time. Well done.
Mr Furyous

Post by Mr Furyous »

Thanks actually got it down to 1.33 on that last run mainly due to the track, figue thats about its limit now due to ladder bar set up and double adjustable shocks
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Lots of drama eh Keith,going well though.First round at 8pm,the Pod knows how to after the sportsman racer :roll:,One of the many reasons I stopped racing the Big events :roll:
Mr Furyous

Post by Mr Furyous »

Thanks dave, you realize when you sign up for the big events that you will get bumped for the pro cars so you just have to suck it and hope the weather is good and theres no on track drama, or like yourself dont go. There is no point moaning when your there because you already know the risks of not running. Spoke to henning with the belevedere over the weekend he said the car was for sale at end of season he also visited us in our pit. I wished him luck in the pairing lane just before his run. What with my luck at the weekend should have kept my mouth shut
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Real shame about the 65,is it totalled or repairable.See also the plymouth arrow took a hiding too :(
GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

What i've heard about the Belve is it's probably totaled, my Brother had a look and said it's Bananarama! :(
Attachments
Henning crash.jpg
Henning crash.jpg (10.33 KiB) Viewed 3547 times
Petrol is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, Nitro is for racing!!!

Hell Yeah!! I'm a Redneck