Nice to see you....

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff

Nice to see you....

Post by Jeff »

Big thanks for inviting me back. Been a long time since I was here last. Some probably don't remember me.

Bit of an update.... Been here in Canada now for almost 11 years. Mad eh?
Happy to say all the kids are here now, and even have a couple of Grandkids. It was tough getting them all here and settled. But worth it.

Joe and Billy my two sons turned into TV stars here for a while, and now restore cars for a living! Mostly British cars, predominantly Jags, Bentleys, Rolls, Triumphs, oh, and a lot of Porsches.

No Mopar's here for me at the moment, I have sent over 4 or 5 now to the UK. Prices went crazy, and kinda left it too long to get back into them. Having said that, the last couple of months have seen prices falling, big time. So, who know's. I nearly got another red '66 a while ago. laid down the deposit, went to pick it up, when we noticed it had some very bad accident damage in the past. Shame nice little car with a 340ci.

We now have a BMW compact, race car. A 1931 Ford Sportster with a flathead, totally period hotrod. A '27 model T, and of course, a piece of Canadian Gasser history. A '48 Prefect. It scares the living daylights out of me! It does need some work, but is on the road, and track.

Lovely to be back guys, hope you are all keeping well, and stay safe.

Jeff X
I am keeping this Mopar....... SOLD!
Derek

Re: Nice to see you....

Post by Derek »

Welcome back Jeff, glad it all went well in the end moving to Canada, nice collection of cars.
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Jeff! Great to hear from you, welcome back
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

mopar.jpg
mopar.jpg (186.7 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
Thats about it... Bananarama!, those front flashers were bloody expensive (Mopar), It is officially the scariest car in the world to drive once you get over 100, pretty crap before that to be honest! I hate the Drag radials, awful in the rain. Trying to get it more period correct, the chute and the wheelie bars had to go! As did the centrelines. And the cut down Beetle gas tank makes for a lot of gas stops. And the heat inside on a summers day is something else! I have also dropped the front end a bit, It was a typical nose high gasser. It may go up again. Was going to put it into period correct paint this year. But like many, not working at the moment. Have the time, not the money. The body, I must say is a good base to paint. All those years complaining about importing parts to the UK. Now I seem to be having the same problem body wise. Not mechanically though. Can't believe how popular these were in the States back in the ol gasser days! Still have a hankering for another Tri 5, or B body.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

GetFileAttachment-1.jpg
GetFileAttachment-1.jpg (130.18 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
This was the car late sixties, early seventies.
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

Hi Jeff,

Glad to see you back. I think you were just about on your way out as I arrived.
Cool looking little hotrod you have. I had a bog stock one a few years back - scared the Bananarama! out of me @ 40mph nevermind 100!? Nutter! :D

All the best,

Jon.
-Jon.
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

Welcome back,cool cars👍
Dom66

Post by Dom66 »

Cool looking car, then and now :thumbright:
Charger

Post by Charger »

hello Jeff :hello2:, nice cars 8-)
Si
1970 Charger 500
383 | 4bbl | 727 column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

1970 Dodge Charger Registry - https://www.1970chargerregistry.com/
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Welcome back Jeff.
It's got to go full on gasser again :D
Did you finish the hot rod truck ?
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Welcome back Jeff.
Did you own Big Red & Loud? That was one of the cars that really stood out when I first joined the club!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Yes, Big Red n Loud was mine.... The hot rod truck is still unfinished. I no longer own it. Long story! :banghead: Job at the moment is keeping hold of the Prefect! This mess has really affected my workflow, and cashflow!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Just an update....
Motor out, trans out, electrics out, all steering out, suspension out, seats out, crappy dashboard out. Wow, it looked sad!

Rebuilt the motor and trans. They are back in. TH350 & SBC350 with Vortec heads. The heads are good for more horsepower, but I really would like a tunnel ram in the future. So may go back to earlier heads. New seats are back in, managed to find a parts car, so now have all glass, mouldings, winders, and more importantly, a good original dash. That is now filled with gauges, dropped in a GPS speedo, and found an old time tach at the swop meet last year!
Also got me a 3D printer, that really helped with all the mounting behind the dash for the gauges. Suspension is all back in, but sitting a tad low at the front, the spring has lost its arch. Wondering if the chroming that was on it did not help. Anyway, got another spring from my eldest, so see what we can do there. Needs to be nose high again.
Just got the painless wiring harness, waiting on the tires to be made, headers, steering column and all those silly little things that cost a fortune. to arrive.
Oh, and some nice weather! so I can get out in the garage.
May is the first race meet on the Ontario Nostalgia Drag Racing calendar, hope to be there for that. The evenings are a bit tame here though. So may have to go to a couple of the events where the smith teams will be this year. The Ant Hill mob are VERY noisy and outrageous for Canadian events.
mr m

Post by mr m »

nice to hear from you jeff glad your still keeping keen on motors how time flys. do you remember this, i sold the gold one and wish i had kept it was a nice car, like you have done loads to the blue one and de tuned it to make it more streetable, good luck this year
jon
Attachments
IMG_7079.JPG
IMG_7079.JPG (192.12 KiB) Viewed 2841 times
IMG_7084.JPG
IMG_7084.JPG (156.74 KiB) Viewed 2841 times
709.JPG
709.JPG (86.96 KiB) Viewed 2841 times
IF ITS ON WHEELS, LOWER IT!!
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »