Gateway Classic Cars

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Matt74

Gateway Classic Cars

Post by Matt74 »

I may have asked this before :-k but has anyone had any dealings with Gateway Classic Cars in the he states?
Just wondering what they are like to deal with and if anyone can share their experience as they have a car I'm interested in!

Matt.
Mark B

Re: Gateway Classic Cars

Post by Mark B »

I hear their stock tends to be over priced. They don’t have the best reputation either. 80% feedback on eBay, some unhappy customers.

https://www.ebay.com/str/gatewayclassiccars
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Cheers Mark. 80% feedback is not too good although they do have a lot of stock so they're bound to get some negative. Reports of being ignored as soon as the car is paid is off putting.

This is the car I was interested in https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/vehi ... c-Trans-Am

Price doesn't seem too bad but mileage can't be validated. I think I'll wait for one to turn up in the UK so I can view it person. There is a similar one on eBay uk but it has rust issues amongst other faults and I'm tired of rust repairs right now.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Not a bad price. Doesn’t get more 80’s than that. You could always get someone to check the car over for you.
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Does the headliner suppose to be like that?
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

cadboy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 22 6:53 am Does the headliner suppose to be like that?
No.
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Mark B wrote: Thu Jan 20, 22 3:04 pm Not a bad price. Doesn’t get more 80’s than that. You could always get someone to check the car over for you.
It's significantly lower than others they have sold. Makes me wonder why!
DougieJ

Post by DougieJ »

Hi Matt,

My Challenger came from the Fort Worth branch a few years back.

They were at least up front about issues with the car - faults on the door cards, rust in the trunk and some other bits and pieces. However, I was always really cautious about them - don't know why - I think it just felt like they could be the type of used cars sales people that there are stories about.

Had to direct them to make sure they did their job and get them to take pics of the vehicle before it was transported to the port. Eventually they were glad I did as it turned out the transporter had damaged it between Ft Worth and Houston - lesson learned when it was being transported at this end - got it done using a closed trailer!

Price at the time was ok for what I have - although it seemed that there could be a fair bit of variation in their valuations for what appeared fairly similar cars.

Checked to see the people in the team on the website and don't recognise any of the current names listed.

Best of luck in your search.

Dougie
James Vette

Post by James Vette »

Goodluck trust your gut.
currently driving: 1971 stingray
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Thanks Dougie,

Interesting to hear of your experience. I also noticed a wide variation of prices for similar cars.
I think this one is priced about right.

James. Good advice. :thumbright: I'm going to pass on this one and hope that one turns up in the UK.