They say it’s good to talk........

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Rebel

They say it’s good to talk........

Post by Rebel »

Hi All,
At least that’s what they always say on TV, so, I thought I’d give it a go......

Some of you already know that a little over 3yrs ago my wife left me, initially I put my charger up for sale due to having no job at the time. A lot of you messaged me and commented on the advert, advising me against selling it - Thank you for that, you were right of course.
Skipping forward to today, I’m getting things back on track ( I think ), and in doing so I’m busy trying to extend my garage and shed at home as well as joining them both together, to make a workshop / garage worth having. As well as my current cars, all keeping my mind occupied.

I also started a YouTube channel about a year ago, showing the progress of the garage build, the Charger and my Ranchero, as well as footage from my Cars & Coffee meets and any car shows / drag racing I manage to get too.
The name of the channel is Double Zero Garage, I’d really appreciate it if you would consider subscribing to the channel ( it’s free, there’s no charge). It’ll help support me and build the channel, I’d really love to get to 1000 subscribers and it’ll give you all something to watch ( or laugh at ) while waiting for parts to arrive, paint to dry or drag strips to open. You might even get to see yourself / your car on my channel at some point.

Thanks in advance and a huge thanks to all who stopped me from selling my Charger
'68 Dodge Charger
‘75 Ford Ranchero
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

YouTube - Double Zero Garage
ScottyDave

Re: They say it’s good to talk........

Post by ScottyDave »

Glad to hear thing's are going in the right direction. Usually given time ideas fall into place and you know where you are. Good luck with the YouTube channel, I'll take a look at it.
Also it's great that you decided to keep the Charger :thumbright:
73 Charger 318
MMA-130
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

Good on you Nige, it was good to catch up with you at the Nats. I’ll take a look at the YouTube channel too.
Btw, I’m happy to be back in Moparland, but must say, that little Fox Body you sold me was a belter and gave me one of the most enyoyable road trips I’ve taken👍
Pete

Post by Pete »

So pleased that you posted this - very positive and I am glad for you that things are working out for you.

All the best!

Pete
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Gas for GOSH

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Good to hear Nigel, healing takes time. Really like the garage idea...I was totally amazed when I turned up to do that Connected interview, there wasn’t a spare inch anywhere! Onwards and upwards.

Simon
"Now some guys they just give up living - start dieing little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racing in the streets...." Bruce Springsteen
Blue

Post by Blue »

Nice one Nigel, it's always best to just batten down the hatches if you can and ride it out when the brown stuff collides with the rotating cooling device. The old cliche that time heals is true, though it's really more a case of time puts things into perspective. Best of luck with your endeavours and think about starting a workshop thread on your er, workshop...
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Thanks everyone for the positive comments, and for agreeing to have a look at my YouTube channel.
Time doesn’t really heal anything at all, but it does give the ability of learning to live with it and how to work around it, which is hopefully what I’m doing.

Milesnmiles - was good to catch up with you as well. You’re so right about the foxbody, for a car that I bought totally blind, having only seen one photo of it, even though a member on here did check it out for me. It was one of the best most reliable and fun cars I’ve ever owned. I remember checking over it when it got here, there wasn’t a thing wrong with it and everything worked. Another one of the “should have kept it” cars :oops:

Simon - There still isn’t any space, some of the cars have changed but they’re all still bumper to bumper and door handle to door handle :D

Blue - I’ll definitely start a workshop thread

Thanks again to everyone
'68 Dodge Charger
‘75 Ford Ranchero
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Glad to hear life is better. Car’s are a good distraction from life’s ups and downs.

That’s an Interesting channel. I’ve subscribed:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeDnKqCjtFdy4s85S3mD-uw
Mark
1970 Challenger A66
www.dodgechallenger.uk
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

They certainly are.

Thanks Mark
'68 Dodge Charger
‘75 Ford Ranchero
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

:thumbright: Good on you. Will check out the channel.

It is good to talk, everyone needs an outlet when the Bananarama! hits the fan. There are a lot of good people in the club and I’ve certainly been very grateful for that. Good to see you are doing positive stuff.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Thanks Stu,
This is an amazing club, for support of all kinds.
Thanks for checking out my channel
'68 Dodge Charger
‘75 Ford Ranchero
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

Steve

Post by Steve »

Great thread and really glad things are back on track.

Think most of us have similar T shirts and I can definitely relate to your situation. Life throws us some curved ones as they say but one thing I've learned from my post separation sofa surfing days is that no matter how bad thing seem, no situation lasts forever and things have a tendancy to work themselves out. I've lost count of the times good friends (including club members) have been there for me and am still grateful to them all. You will be absolutely fine :thumbright:

I will have a look at your YouTube channel. I'm in the process of doing exactly the same but am still at the plan submission stage with the local council. I am hoping to get started this year if I am granted the relevant permission (and can afford the materials!!! :shock: ).

Enjoy the car and good luck with the project,

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Thanks Steve,
I think I’m doing better today than this time last year, also discovered that when you’re on your own, there’s never enough time in the day. Everything takes 2 or 3 times as long as you thought it would, but then of course there’s no one to say you can’t do that now, and you can have car parts in the house :D
Pros and cons to everything I guess.

Good luck with your planning permission, and finding some affordable materials

Nige
'68 Dodge Charger
‘75 Ford Ranchero
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf