Post by gmopar59 »

For anyone who may be over this way. Only 2 days this year. Longshot I know,
BLUEGRASS 2022 Programme Flyer.pdf
(792.48 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
but worth a visit. \:D/
Steve

Re: bluegrass 2022

Post by Steve »

That looks great! My dad got me into bluegrass when I was a sprog. He loved a pair of guys called Tom and Smiley. It was at the time when everyone was into the Scottish Folk scene (The Corries etc) and I actually appreciated the music even though at the time the charts were full of Abba, TRex, Rod Stewart etc.

I've always had a pretty eclectic taste in music. I must dig out the old vinyl some day, I kept them all. My dad 'progressed' to mainstream Country and Western whereas I followed my mums lead then and got into the Everly Brothers, Cash, The Move, ELO and some very obscure Elvis stuff she liked before my uncle got me into Pink Floyd, Genesis, Steely Dan, Blondie etc.

I eventually 'made my own way in the world' and got into Psycobilly (The Meteors in particular) a bit of punk and eventually more mainstream stuff in the early to mid 80s like Springsteen, Billy Joel, Hall and Oates, John Mellencamp, Dire Straits, Kate Bush, some New Romantic stuff and the mainstream end of Rock (AC/DC, Def Leppard, Bryan Adams, Lenny Kravitz etc).

My next 'phase' was the likes of Counting Crows, Hootie and the Blowfish, Deacon Blue, Matchbox Twenty, Alanis Morissette, Radiohead, Del Amitri and at the same time I discovered Jazz and Hip Hop.

Now, thanks to Spotify, I just listen to a mix of absolutely everything I've always been into! The only thing I can't listen to is Classical. I just can't get into it in any way shape or form despite trying (and my mums attempt by brainwashing me with musicals, opera and classical thankfully interspersed with classics like Ray Stevens 'Misty' and The Move 'California Man' to keep me sane).

I digress, sorry. You've prompted me to dig back into some Bluegrass and as I type, Im listening to a great band called The Civil Wars as a gentle intro. I revisited one of my favourite ever albums earlier (and my favourite ever album cover, thanks Dad) called 'Chain gang Songs' by Josh White...now 65 years old but a timeless classic!

Where would the world be without music,

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Attachments
ab67616d00001e0210c087b293afdc2198b66953.jpeg.jpg
ab67616d00001e0210c087b293afdc2198b66953.jpeg.jpg (24.14 KiB) Viewed 452 times
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream