My 68 Charger

Mopars For sale

Moderator: Moderators

Charger

Re: My 68 Charger

Post by Charger » Sat Oct 06, 18 5:31 pm

Sorry to read this Nige

I remember looking at your Charger when it was on ebay presumably when you bought it and just before i got mine, seem to remember it had chrome smoothies??

Good luck with the sale, hope everything works out for you mate

:salute:
Si <- this is my name
1970 Charger 500 <- this is my car
383 | 4bbl | 727 on column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

WARNING!! - my posts contain flash photography
the Charger code, the 3 P's ... 68 - Prototype; 69 - Production; 70 - Perfection

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Oct 06, 18 5:36 pm

I know, I really don’t want to do it and know that when it’s gone, I’ll probably never be able to afford another one. There’s a very nice 1969 model on eBay now for 84k. At that level I’m already priced out of the market, trying to find a way to keep hold of it but don’t know how I’ll find another way to clear my mortgage at the moment.
'68 Dodge Charger
'74 Chevrolet El Camino
‘85 Chevrolet Camaro
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

Matt74

Post by Matt74 » Sat Oct 06, 18 6:44 pm

On the plus side if your selling to clear the mortgage that is a good thing and you'll be quids in on the long run with the interest saved.
Once the house is paid off no one can take it away from you :thumbright:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Oct 06, 18 10:12 pm

There is that Matt, I’ll actually own my own little bit of England.
Then I can start working towards replacing the Charger :D
'68 Dodge Charger
'74 Chevrolet El Camino
‘85 Chevrolet Camaro
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Oct 09, 18 3:27 am

Charger wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 18 5:31 pm
Sorry to read this Nige

I remember looking at your Charger when it was on ebay presumably when you bought it and just before i got mine, seem to remember it had chrome smoothies??

Good luck with the sale, hope everything works out for you mate

:salute:
Sorry mate, must have missed your post completely what with one thing and another.
Yeah, it was Ebay that I got it from. Although the wheels looked like smoothies, they were actually polished centrelines. Only 14 inch rims though, so I swapped them to 15 inch wolfies to fill the arches and help clear the speed ramps round here, :D
'68 Dodge Charger
'74 Chevrolet El Camino
‘85 Chevrolet Camaro
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Oct 09, 18 3:42 am

Change of heart or come to my senses, call it what you will, it’s not for sale anymore!
I don’t see why I should be forced to sell something that I really don’t want too, it was never about price or value for me. I bought it because I’d wanted one since I was at school.
The way that prices have shot up though, means if I sell it, I’ll never be able to get another one. So, it’s staying put and I’ll just have to manage or struggle until I’m back on track.

Definitely a case of Mopar or no car :D
'68 Dodge Charger
'74 Chevrolet El Camino
‘85 Chevrolet Camaro
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Oct 09, 18 6:29 am

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God

cadboy

Post by cadboy » Tue Oct 09, 18 6:42 am

Good decision, life will go on and you just have to do the best you can.

All the best mate :thumbright:

Charger

Post by Charger » Tue Oct 09, 18 8:27 am

Rebel wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 18 3:42 am
Change of heart or come to my senses, call it what you will, it’s not for sale anymore!
I don’t see why I should be forced to sell something that I really don’t want too, it was never about price or value for me. I bought it because I’d wanted one since I was at school.
The way that prices have shot up though, means if I sell it, I’ll never be able to get another one. So, it’s staying put and I’ll just have to manage or struggle until I’m back on track.

that's the spirit 8-)

good luck mate

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Si <- this is my name
1970 Charger 500 <- this is my car
383 | 4bbl | 727 on column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

WARNING!! - my posts contain flash photography
the Charger code, the 3 P's ... 68 - Prototype; 69 - Production; 70 - Perfection

Cannonball

Post by Cannonball » Tue Oct 09, 18 12:28 pm

Rebel wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 18 3:42 am

The right decission mate, park it up so it costs you nowt, whilst you get your self on tack, ;) Then when it all goes right for you bring it out, that younger model will love bein driven round in a Dodge charger,, :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL

elevensies

Post by elevensies » Tue Oct 09, 18 9:01 pm

i agree with others, the right choice, at the end of the day, i bet your charger costs you nothing to own, just run.
so let it live in a garage for a year or so, allow time to heal the financial strain, and then re emerge the car in all its delight.

your so right, the way prices are going, unless your mega rich, or have other vehicles to sell on, most normal people struggle to get back into American cars never mind anything mopar.......
MMA 117

support our paras
"Utrinque Paratus"
https://www.justgiving.com/paracharity

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 10, 18 2:38 am

Thanks guys,
Feeling better about the decision to keep it now. When there’s no money to go anywhere, I can always just spend some time doing all those little jobs that don’t cost much but swallow loads of time \:D/
'68 Dodge Charger
'74 Chevrolet El Camino
‘85 Chevrolet Camaro
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

Steve

Post by Steve » Mon Oct 15, 18 11:14 pm

wow....was hoping for that ending... and you delivered!!

My car isn't in the same league as yours but my chaotic domestic life got settled a couple of years ago and despite losing the house I had almost paid off over 25 years, I managed to retire, keep my pension, buy my flat and keep my Polara! Never been happier! My own front door was by far the top of my priority list but 2nd was the old Dodge. My ex wasn't at all interested in it and, as luck would have it, Ive even met a nice lady who loves going out in her (and occasionally driving her too).

Life goes on and things happen for a reason.... be happy, that's all that matters :thumbright:
Events Coordinator

Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream

1968 Dodge Polara

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Oct 16, 18 3:48 am

Thanks Steve,
It was just simple mathematics really, if I sold this one, I’d never be to afford to get another Charger, so keep this one and think of something else to pay the mortgage.
Trying very hard to be happy, but logistics are proving difficult at present.
I’m sure I’ll get there in the end though
'68 Dodge Charger
'74 Chevrolet El Camino
‘85 Chevrolet Camaro
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

MattH

Post by MattH » Tue Oct 16, 18 10:48 am

Brilliant decision. I nearly sold the Challenger back in 2009 for different reasons (illness) but realised it was my dream car and I'd never be able to afford another. So glad I kept it and got it back together. You won't regret it.
=D> =D> =D>
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car