Old Race Cars never die...they just get quicker!!

Post old photos of race cars here.

Moderator: Moderators

Les Szabo

Old Race Cars never die...they just get quicker!!

Post by Les Szabo »

Here's a pic posted on F of me old '71....what a tool that is now...528 Ray Barton Hemi last I heard, now back halved from the looks of it, so from low 12's w/340 when I had it to 10.9 with a 440 when Pete austin had it and now prob mid 9's??...in Iceland with the Hemi :)
Attachments
PINK CUDA.jpg
PINK CUDA.jpg (86.32 KiB) Viewed 8988 times
Last edited by Les Szabo on Thu Mar 22, 12 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick

Post by Mick »

When Pete Austin first bought the car, he sold me a big crane hydraulic for my 340 Dart, it worked really well. I think it was a commander, it was .528 lift.
Mick
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

I sold that car to 2 guys who I didn't know, at the time it went with the .590 flat tappet and the std 2.02 heads.....they must've put that cam in it, maybe too much for them??...don't know why..it ran great on the track and the road..... and then Pete bought it I guess....
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

Reminds me of the "Cracklin Rose" saga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH! Sorry, let`s not start that thread up again :roll: :roll: :roll:

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

no probs RR...you start whatever ya want m8 :P :lol: ...a cracklin ol car that :thumbright:
db

Post by db »

I take it this is Pinkie that Hugh Potter had?
Wonder if it still wears my windshield wipers he 'borrowed' to get it MOT'd... :roll:
No-one will believe you...
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

dunno db....I first saw it in Pink when Pete Austin had it at the Pod...don't know the name of the guy who bought it off me with the 340 still in it...
Mick

Post by Mick »

The motor had been sold when i bought the cam off him, it was brand new in ther box. That cam, a bit of head work and a bit more comp, put it into the 12's.
Mick
Guy

Post by Guy »

Here you go Les,
Attachments
By Dave McBride
By Dave McBride
pinky_138.jpg (100.17 KiB) Viewed 8840 times
pinkie.JPG
pinkie.JPG (114.81 KiB) Viewed 8840 times
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

:thumbright:

your a wizard with photoshop m8....does anyone know what times it puts down?
Guy

Post by Guy »

Not me Les , Dave McBride is the wizzard with photoshop
Jim

Post by Jim »

I rememebr this car when it was blue.

In the 1970's it was owned by a little (I think he was South African?) guy. I can't remember his name. He used to hang around the Harrow and West London area.

It's a proper 71 340 Cuda, a shame it ended up as a cut-up massively modified race car.
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Hi Jim, I bought it in 1980 if I remember well?..started going to the Pod with it in 1980/1 running in Street class, it was Red with white leather and centerlines.....running 13.3's with just a 484 purple hyd...impressed me cos that was quite quick then for a street car. I think it remained in tact as a std chassis car and all steel till it went to Iceland.
Attachments
71_cuda_340_658[1].jpg
71_cuda_340_658[1].jpg (131.9 KiB) Viewed 8811 times
Last edited by Les Szabo on Sat Mar 24, 12 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hi Les, I am sure it was blue originally.
Do you remember who you bought it off?

I wonder if anyone has any earlier photo's of this Cuda?
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Vaguely Jim...he was a short guy, took a bit of persuading to get it.....Tim Fennell reckons it was factory yellow I think with some special name colour....