The Sorn car

Post old photos of road cars here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

My memory is rubbish. It was Bobby McIntyre.

He was the son of Lord Sorn, who had Sorn Castle in Ayrshire.

He just collected cars, lost of them of all types.

I was contacted by the current owner of the Boss 429 who wanted some info on it, and after years of having the auction catalogue lying around, I just cannot find it now.

I don't remember the Super Duty Trans Am (although Dave Powell of Performance Unlimited had a SD Formula 455 for a while when we used to call in and see him on the way to York Raceway).

I remember the Judge because my friend had a Ram Air III four speed at the time and another friend in Ayrshire still has his Ram Air IV automatic 1970 GTO that came over on the QE2 and used to race regularly at Santa Pod.

The Boss 429 had a bash in the door.

I can't remember the Superbird being at the auction though for some reason, just that it used to sit on the forecourt of Dalblair Ford in Ayr.

The Camaro had the biggest wheels and tyres we had ever seen on the back of it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Remember as well that Al Eckstrand lived in Scotland for years, down on the coast near Girvan in Ayrshire. He owned a big house/castle.
JC

Post by JC »

the place was sorn in scotland
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
steveo

Post by steveo »

i wish i would of bought that in the eightys when it come up for sale :cry: :cry:

nother good picture ..... :thumbright:
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

Hi just picked up on this and know something that might help tie up a loss end for you.The GTO Judge was owed be me for several years before it went down to London,ended up doing a deal on the 69 Super Bee that ended up keeping for 14 years.
A very fine car , was the best american car I ever owned in the handling and braking department and boy could it fly,you would be surprised the stuff that turns up here in lil'old Norfolk..............there are several interesting cars tucked away here not just mopars that have not seen the light of day for 20 + years and they are Rare cars too.
Hope that clears up the Judge for you .
Best Wishes
GUY