where has all the pictures & posts gone ??

Post old photos of road cars here.

Moderator: Moderators

steveo

where has all the pictures & posts gone ??

Post by steveo »

:scratch: ........................ :tumbleweed: ..... :cry:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

:shock:

Looks like all the Archive section's had a short back & sides :?

Hope it's not gone forever, lot of work & info (was) in there :evil:
steveo

Post by steveo »

RobTwin wrote::shock:

Looks like all the Archive section's had a short back & sides :?

Hope it's not gone forever, lot of work & info (was) in there :evil:
i hope not too :cry: , lot of good back in the day UK mopar history we all contributed to in here !! shame if these sort of threds are gone for good , while on the subject wernt we talking a couple of years ago to form some sort of master list with pictures & reg number /s of all the mopars that are known to be over here & how many of what model ?? :read2:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Has Jeff been having a bit of an enthusiastic tidy up? :roll:
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
MattH

Post by MattH »

Steveo, the list you talk about is the vehicle register and I compiled it. It is based on members cars and lists every car that I am notified of on membership forms, plus any others I have got to see at shows etc. I'm sure there are some cars missing as they come and go but it is better than nothing and has helped track down cars for old owners and assist with rarity issues for DVLA etc. What it doesnt have is photos with each car as that was a nightmare to try and produce with my computer skills.
I do have VINs and/or reg numbers for most on the register.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
steveo

Post by steveo »

MattH wrote:Steveo, the list you talk about is the vehicle register and I compiled it. It is based on members cars and lists every car that I am notified of on membership forms, plus any others I have got to see at shows etc. I'm sure there are some cars missing as they come and go but it is better than nothing and has helped track down cars for old owners and assist with rarity issues for DVLA etc. What it doesnt have is photos with each car as that was a nightmare to try and produce with my computer skills.
I do have VINs and/or reg numbers for most on the register.
oh right Thanks Matt :thumbright: for the reply , perhaps i was getting a little confused , ( happens all the time ) :help:
was under the impression like there was going to be a thread with all the pictures with reg numbers or something !! or list , not with vins though ,
saying , there are X amount of 69 charger R/T s Y amount of Challenger 383 s etc ,
thanks again Matt for the reply !! appreciated :thumbright: :thumbright:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Yes i think that was the plan too steveo, separate to what info Matt keeps.
I started including reg & model names in a few posts/threads showing old pics of cars, just in case it made compiling a list, or 'database', easier.
I think Martin may have been involved in suggesting this or even just agreeing that it was something that could be done.
But I dont think it got very far off the ground. :?
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

It would be nice to have a kind of annual stats report published here though.

For example the number of each model currently registered with the club would be a good thing and easier to maintain than a complete list of cars in the UK.

Even just a list containing the first 7 digits of every VIN currently registered with the club would be cool. Grouped into make/model.
steveo

Post by steveo »

Dave wrote:It would be nice to have a kind of annual stats report published here though.

For example the number of each model currently registered with the club would be a good thing and easier to maintain than a complete list of cars in the UK.

Even just a list containing the first 7 digits of every VIN currently registered with the club would be cool. Grouped into make/model.
yeah thats an even better idea :thumbright: :read2:
MrNorm

Post by MrNorm »

Yes, regarding the archives, it seems like a lot of stuff is gone (my car buildup thread for a start :x ).

Search on how many posts you've made - way down....
Hope it is just a glitch and not lost :shock:
Gavin Chisholm - 414ci W2 Stroker SmallBlock Panther Pink '71 Challenger convertible - in bits
Car progress can be viewed here
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Thanks for all the 'phone calls, it looks like a lot more MMA members check the site out than actually post!

Martin range me as well and we've been through the site it looks like anything before September 9th has disappeared.

There is a back up system in the adminstration program, so I've dropped Jeff a line to get him to reinstate the missing stuff as many members use it for reference and to search history on cars.

Just this second I've had feedback from Jeff, he's on location in Vancouver so he's going to have to borrow someone's laptop to get it sorted. :shock:
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com