Cars we owned years ago

Post old photos of road cars here.

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian Worman

Cars we owned years ago

Post by Adrian Worman »

Can we post piccies of cars we used to own? Just found a load of 'em while I was looking thru some old photos, one of 'em is a 71 Charger :o
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

ABSOLUTELY Adrian. :thumbright:
Martin Walker
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

Just found these!
I got this 71 Charger from a mate of mine, swapped a 76 Firebird for it. Was supplied to my mate by Rod Eady, it was about '88 I reckon.
Not a bad car really,a 383 that was very sweet, T/F had a shift kit, it had been a regular at the Pod in its day and was well inti the low 13's as I remember, before it was stripped of its rear gears and wild cam :o
The only mod I made was to the appearance of the C pillars...........
......somebody had carefully signwritten "......no time for losers!"
I whipped out my favourite black marker and changed it to read
".........time for tossers!" which in all honestly was about my best attempt at any improvements past or present :lol:
Look at the plate, is it still alive?
Attachments
car_file_018.jpg
car_file_018.jpg (74.95 KiB) Viewed 7280 times
car_file_005.jpg
car_file_005.jpg (80.63 KiB) Viewed 7280 times
car_file_004.jpg
car_file_004.jpg (72 KiB) Viewed 7280 times
car_file_001.jpg
car_file_001.jpg (57.07 KiB) Viewed 7280 times
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
steveo

Post by steveo »

crikey Adrian , not see that charger for yonks , last & only time was northweald late 80s could been 88 :?
will look for a picture !! my self & lot of other guys posted loads of old pictures , but all gone now for some mysterious reason :cry:
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

,,,,,,,,,and this is the 76 Firebird that got chopped in for that Charger. This was a vey nice car, came from Bletchley, MK in about '86.
The git selling was a very camp musician, who took me for a test drive I am certain only so that he could put his hand on my knee when I was fishing about in the 4 speed box for another gear :shock: I kid you not....now because I look like a long haired hippy orangutan, even then, I was surprised somebody, even a geezer for that matter, fancied me :lol:
Anyway, said 'bird sported a 350 smog machine for an engine, which soon turned into a boat anchor while it made way for a very strong RamAir111 400, which had been hibernating in something else coming to a screen near you soon
Attachments
car_file_006.jpg
car_file_006.jpg (70.09 KiB) Viewed 7256 times
car_file_019.jpg
car_file_019.jpg (74.7 KiB) Viewed 7256 times
car_file_007.jpg
car_file_007.jpg (61.56 KiB) Viewed 7256 times
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

My favourite of all my older cars probably, is this actually pretty crappy 67 Firebird. Can you believe this car came to me as a runner in '85 for just 250 quid!!! Some barst had mistakenly left a Rover SDI motor and 5 speed in it, presumably for a joke :roll:
I planted the very friendly 400 and TH400 (that I later used in the 76) and spent 2 very happy years smoking around in it, proper little screamer it was!
Sold it tho' when I got a chance, minus the motor and trans, to a nice person for 4 times what I paid for it :oops:
Attachments
car_file_008.jpg
car_file_008.jpg (80.66 KiB) Viewed 7247 times
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

Last one, promise.
My very first car, a 73 Pontiac LeMans, bought for £400 and the car that gave me an engine, a 400 RamAir motor from '70 vintage, no idea how, so good it got used in 3 different bidyshells. I passed my test (I even remember driving this on a provisional license) and started my motoring life in this green barge. Got banned from Bedford College, where I was taking my City and Giulds in auto repair, for doing burnouts in the workshop and playground, er, car park, sorry :lol:
Once span it in the ice on the way back from Bedford to MK and was travelling so fast that I still managed to pass a Mini on a bend, the car spent its life being driven like an extra from the Blues Bros, how I got away with it I'll never know :D
Attachments
car_file_020.jpg
car_file_020.jpg (82.12 KiB) Viewed 7227 times
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Adrian Worman wrote:Last one, promise.
My very first car, a 73 Pontiac LeMans, bought for £400 and the car that gave me an engine, a 400 RamAir motor from '70 vintage, no idea how, so good it got used in 3 different bidyshells. I passed my test (I even remember driving this on a provisional license) and started my motoring life in this green barge. Got banned from Bedford College, where I was taking my City and Giulds in auto repair, for doing burnouts in the workshop and playground, er, car park, sorry :lol:
Once span it in the ice on the way back from Bedford to MK and was travelling so fast that I still managed to pass a Mini on a bend, the car spent its life being driven like an extra from the Blues Bros, how I got away with it I'll never know :D
i had the daddy to that car when i was 19 it was a 73 grand am 455/400 bucket seats console was like avin a trans am back then great old car.
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

I remember them,my brother Carson had a metallic brown one with a 455 in it, and a mate of mine had a white CanAm, some really cool special edition with T/A style shaker, red graphics and wheels. Think it had a 400 in it tho', actually quite spunky for a late car, Posi rear, decent gears, proper dual exhaust, stiff springs etc, must've been '76.
I loved that Lemans, it was so funny stepping out of it when you visited your mates, and the parents wanted to know why you were'nt driving a Japanese toothbrush and would'nt let you take their little babies out in it in case you murdered 'em with it. A brilliant tool for burnouts tho', even with tall gears,I remember it pulling maybe 90mph in 2nd gear, mental :lol: i
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Adrian Worman wrote:I remember them,my brother Carson had a metallic brown one with a 455 in it, and a mate of mine had a white CanAm, some really cool special edition with T/A style shaker, red graphics and wheels. Think it had a 400 in it tho', actually quite spunky for a late car, Posi rear, decent gears, proper dual exhaust, stiff springs etc, must've been '76.
I loved that Lemans, it was so funny stepping out of it when you visited your mates, and the parents wanted to know why you were'nt driving a Japanese toothbrush and would'nt let you take their little babies out in it in case you murdered 'em with it. A brilliant tool for burnouts tho', even with tall gears,I remember it pulling maybe 90mph in 2nd gear, mental :lol: i
yep mine was metallic brown as well with a white top it was a brilliant old cruiser with loads of low down go, i also had a brown/white 73 2 door monte carlo 350/350 now that was a sweet car, also a 72 cutlass 2 door 350/350. same shape as the monte and the best outs that shape was a cutlass salon 1976 350/350 maroon white top buckets console red interior every option you could have felt real posh in that one would buy one now if it was a minter, :shock:
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

I HAVE A NVQW

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

Love them old early '70's big cruising barges, they still look super cool even by modern standards =P~
I can't believe we had so many similar cars, little brother had a '76 Monte Carlo in two tone blue, light blue and white interior, super clean, followed by a '77 Buick Riviera, stunning condition with a shag pile carpet half way up the doors and 2 inches deep.
Well jealous of your Cutlass mate, '71-'72 are my absolute favourite, still think they are one of the prettiest cars ever made. Missed out on a '72 350 coupe at Dream Cars in London about a year ago, £7k, clean and straight, gutted :(
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Adrian Worman wrote:Love them old early '70's big cruising barges, they still look super cool even by modern standards =P~
I can't believe we had so many similar cars, little brother had a '76 Monte Carlo in two tone blue, light blue and white interior, super clean, followed by a '77 Buick Riviera, stunning condition with a shag pile carpet half way up the doors and 2 inches deep.
Well jealous of your Cutlass mate, '71-'72 are my absolute favourite, still think they are one of the prettiest cars ever made. Missed out on a '72 350 coupe at Dream Cars in London about a year ago, £7k, clean and straight, gutted :(
nice one, another just came to mind a 73 boatail riviera that was a cool car leccy everythin 455 not a single one of them cars cost me above 1k
them was the days
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

I HAVE A NVQW

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

Boat tail Riviera? Lucky bloke, my little bro' Ian just absolutely wets his pants over them but you seen what they fetch if in top nick? Big coin!

Just found this pic of a '77 Trans Am I had in about '88, an earlier 400 with an aluminium cased Muncie, it was quite a special car. Motor had been well built, easy late 13's pulling 103/4mph without any trackside prep and still with a Q-jet :)
This is a bit of a crappy pic, you have to click on it and then magnify but I like it just cos my mate thought his 396 Nova was hot untill I did this to him until he went home :lol:
Car had WS6 suspension package, fat brakes and a really grippy 10 bolt Posi, I could'nt believe how well them cars handled
I swapped wifes Capri and a grand for it, she was'nt exactly pleased but it was too late by then.......... :oops:
Attachments
car_file_009.jpg
car_file_009.jpg (79.94 KiB) Viewed 7086 times
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
steveo

Post by steveo »

steveo wrote:crikey Adrian , not see that charger for yonks , last & only time was northweald late 80s could been 88 :?
will look for a picture !! my self & lot of other guys posted loads of old pictures , but all gone now for some mysterious reason :cry:
here you go matey ! :thumbright: northweald 1988
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

Thats a brilliant pic mate, my crappy photo's were so bad I almost forgot it was actually a nice car :)
Green paint was sort of Kawasaki colour, chrome steels remained, as did satin black glass hood, almost makes me feel old :lol:
You've made my day with that :D
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda