XEB 941T

Post old photos of road cars here.

Moderator: Moderators

RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

May as well start using the 'Photo Archive' again, hope you dont mind me moving this thread Andy? :)

Only got a couple from t'old days :?
Attachments
Garys Picnic 86ish - Dutchs Coronet.jpg
Garys Picnic 86ish - Dutchs Coronet.jpg (194.53 KiB) Viewed 10743 times
Muldutch Coronet & Mitch's Duster
Muldutch Coronet & Mitch's Duster
Garys Picnic 86ish - Dutch & Mitch.jpg (180.8 KiB) Viewed 10743 times
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

It is Howard Holmes(Halifax) car,now has chrome bumper,As been around the Halifax area a long time.
Runs at York now and then,see photos on the American Super Stock website.
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

I think the green Dusters,the one my old man had,340,auto,now tubbed and painted cherry coloured.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

DaveB wrote:I think the green Dusters,the one my old man had,340,auto,now tubbed and painted cherry coloured.
That's right Dave, owned by 'Mitch' on here 8-)

Bit more orangey than cherry tho, I reckon :?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

that is my old car it ran a 13.7 on street tyres at 107 mph. i've been in touch with Howard and gave him some history about the car as it is quite interesting. I bought it after a drunk rite off my first 440 R/T Challenger! If anyones got some more pictures of it or my Challenger reg 49L i think, I'd appreciate it?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hey, only just seen this post after 2 years! Car used to belong to my cousin Lee, got loads of pics. Loved that car!
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (216.55 KiB) Viewed 10416 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (226 KiB) Viewed 10416 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (215.55 KiB) Viewed 10416 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (213.9 KiB) Viewed 10416 times
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

A few more.
Attachments
27.jpg
27.jpg (237.07 KiB) Viewed 10408 times
25.jpg
25.jpg (214.94 KiB) Viewed 10408 times
24.jpg
24.jpg (242 KiB) Viewed 10408 times
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks Wayne for the pictures did your cousin buy it from me when I was in Walderslade near Maidstone in Kent?
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Hi Chris, Happy New Year to you!

Talking of cars you've let go.... did you manage to sell your Challenger or decide to keep it?
DaveBishop

Post by DaveBishop »

The car was originally Paul Batemans he had bought it for £390 + tax from RAF Molesworth in the early 1980's it belonged to a US airman that had been deported back to the states after being set to prison for drugs offences. It was originally Turquoise and Paul painted it Triumph Primrose yellow. Before sold it he took off the aluminium tunnel ram and the rear gears. I still think he still has a couple off mopar's in sheds gathering dust.
2 x 1969 Dodge Darts
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

If I remember right (which is doubtful!), my cousin bought the Coronet from `Kenny` Kenyon & it then changed hands again, before being bought by Howard Holmes.
correct direction

Post by correct direction »

yes was restored by Kenny well over 20 years ago,can remember a trip down south with Kenny and Olly to collect the car,three grand was the price as i remember.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

DaveBishop wrote:The car was originally Paul Batemans he had bought it for £390 + tax from RAF Molesworth in the early 1980's it belonged to a US airman that had been deported back to the states after being set to prison for drugs offences. It was originally Turquoise and Paul painted it Triumph Primrose yellow. Before sold it he took off the aluminium tunnel ram and the rear gears. I still think he still has a couple off mopar's in sheds gathering dust.
Was that definately RAF Molesworth? I seem to remember a turquoise/blue 68 coronet at Lakenheath lurking in the back of the "hobby" shop yard around 1980/81 which had been left by a serviceman going back to the US. It still had class winner stickers from some drag strip in states in the rear 1/4 lights. We were told in no uncertain terms that it would NOT be for sale though.Anyone remember Pauls tunnel rammed Challenger? One of many cars he owned . Didn't he end up breaking the 68 GTX from the film " Shutdown".
DaveBishop

Post by DaveBishop »

PaulR wrote
Was that definately RAF Molesworth? I seem to remember a turquoise/blue 68 coronet at Lakenheath lurking in the back of the "hobby" shop yard around 1980/81 which had been left by a serviceman going back to the US. It still had class winner stickers from some drag strip in states in the rear 1/4 lights. We were told in no uncertain terms that it would NOT be for sale though.Anyone remember Pauls tunnel rammed Challenger? One of many cars he owned . Didn't he end up breaking the 68 GTX from the film " Shutdown".
got that straight from the horses mouth speak to Paul most weeks. :thumbright:
2 x 1969 Dodge Darts