Life sucks... Charger SOLD!

Moderator: Moderators

Gringo

Life sucks... Charger SOLD!

Post by Gringo »

It is with deep regret that I have to put the Charger up for sale. Unfortuately due to my business being hit hard by the recession, the Charger has become unsustainable. Most of you know it, but here's what it's got:-

'71 440 block bored 0.030" over.
Reground forged crank.
Six Pak pistons and rods.
ARP mains bolts.
ARP head bolts.
Rebuilt stock 906 heads.
Baffled sump.
Mopar Performance oil pump.
MP dizzy drive.
Lunati Voodoo cam and lifters.
Manley push rods.
Edelbrock Performer inlet.
Holley 750 vac sec.
Edelbrock air filter.
Moroso valve covers.
Summit timing gear.
FBO ignition kit.
MP dizzy.
Carter mechanical performance fuel pump.
Holley pressure regulator.
Fram cannister fuel filter.
Hedman Hedders.
SFI flex plate.
2800rpm stall convertor.
727 rebuilt by Dave Bishop.
New UJ's.
8 3/4 sure grip with 3.23's.
Custom made stainless centre section, into Dynomax mufflers.
ProCool ali rad.
New trans cooler.
Electric fan.
Recent brakes (power 11" drums).
Recent inner and outer track rod ends.
New pitman and idler arms.
New PST sway bar bushes.
Recent wheel bearings front and rear.
Recent rear springs.
New KYB gas shocks all round.
New fuel tank.
New battery.
New washer bottle.

I've changed the interior for '70 highbacks (including the rear bench). The seats need recovering. It's got a large Tach, with rev memory. It's had a new indicator switch, which has sorted issues with the lights (now American spec indicators again). The front of the car has been rewired to bypass the bulkhead connector. It has a Grant wood steering wheel, but that is NOT going with the car (pressie from the Mrs), so whoever buys will have to get hold of their own wheel. It runs Centrelines with 215 Cooper fronts, and 275 Cooper rears. It's had a lot of welding done underneath to make it MoTable. It's not a tidy car, although it looks ok from 20 feet. There is no getting away from the fact it needs the body restoring. But it is a quick drivable car. It's run 13.5@97mph at HRD's, with more to come.

It was originally a 318 car, that was upgraded back in the early eighties with a later k member ('72 on), 383, 727, and 8 3/4 sure grip. It's been in the country a long time.

I've got many new parts sitting in boxes ready to be fitted when the time was right. I may do a deal on these as well (includes trunk floors, door cards, head lining, etc.).

11 months MoT.

I'm asking £14500, which I think is fair considering the amount I've spent, and considering it's got all the right bits. I'm open to negotation though.

Life sucks, big time... :cry:
Last edited by Gringo on Fri Oct 09, 09 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the bishop

Post by the bishop »

Thats a shame Gringo you've done a lot of good work with that car! ATB with the sale!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sorry to hear that fella and believe me I know exactly how you feel!

Good luck with the sale and hope you get what your askin' for it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sorry to hear that mate, What you do for a living maybe we can spread the word around and get yer some work going?

If there owt we can do giz a bell

:thumbright:
Rogue Trooper

Post by Rogue Trooper »

That's a bummer Gringo, i hope it all works out for you, and you hang on to the car.
1970 Charger 500
1934 Coupe
1954 F100
1972 Norton Commando Fastback

Your Mum Says Hi.

Mopar a God amongst insects.

Rule in Hell or be a Slave in Heaven.
Gringo

Post by Gringo »

Thanks. I do motorcycle training, and as the DSA changed the test this year, it's put a lot of people off. Add to that the fact we're in a recession, and I'm seeing about a third of the level of business compared to last year. If I don't do something now, I won't make it through the winter. :roll: :(
morgan

Post by morgan »

That sucks Gringo. Hope something sorts itself out and you can keep her. :(
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

Sorry to hear that mate............do a extra lottery ticket this week and you never know ;) ;) ;)

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

Gringo,I almost never post, 'Don't sell it, mate' , but I do hope that you can avoid it if possible. Hope things get better for you soon :?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Great car mate, wish i had the money, you really have done all the work. Sorry bout your circumstances, Always time for another one in a few years.
:thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

mark mate seriously good luck with the sale,i hope you get what you want for her.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear about this - I know how it feels :(
But believe me there is life after a Mopar, I am lucky that I have my Cortina, which really is a fraction of the cost of a Mopar to own.

I guess that is why I have been a bus driver for the last 2 years, similar business reasons, but there is always a way through somehow.

I would of course say 'dont sell the Charger' but I know, when a car becomes an unsustainable financial burden you have to call it a day.

So good luck with the sale mate.

What are these changes re: the motorbike training? I would have thought the govenment woud encourage it to be honest, makes much more sense in this age of traffic congestion.

Cheers
Martin
Gringo

Post by Gringo »

chargeruk wrote:Hi Mark

Sorry to hear about this - I know how it feels :(
But believe me there is life after a Mopar, I am lucky that I have my Cortina, which really is a fraction of the cost of a Mopar to own.

I guess that is why I have been a bus driver for the last 2 years, similar business reasons, but there is always a way through somehow.

I would of course say 'dont sell the Charger' but I know, when a car becomes an unsustainable financial burden you have to call it a day.

So good luck with the sale mate.

What are these changes re: the motorbike training? I would have thought the govenment woud encourage it to be honest, makes much more sense in this age of traffic congestion.

Cheers
Martin
I know mate, but the government is crap, let's face it. There's now two parts to the test, part 1 being various exercises on a large test area. A couple of the exercises are done at speed, and inevitably a few have fallen off and hurt themselves. The press picked up on this and scare mongered, as they do. People will get used to the idea, but it takes time. I expected business to go a bit quiet, but not this bad. :roll:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

This is no good at all Gringo. I sincerely hope business picks up enough for you to hang onto the Charger. I will have a think about any editorial opportunities for the bike test and let you know if something comes up. It's a shame that you've had a double hit with recession and altered bike test.

NEVER give up hope though [-o<
Gringo

Post by Gringo »

It's tough Jonny, but got to keep a roof over our heads. Was going to moth ball the Charger, but I've got too much money tied up in it. :roll: