whats wrong with the Americans?

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Pete wrote:Since when has owning a clone ( :P :P :P ) been a status symbol????

It is not a cl :P ne as it does not at this time have a cross ram or silly exhausts on it.....
Mr Runner's getting to you Pete!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Pete

Post by Pete »

How very dare you :P :evil: :P
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

if we are going off thread a bit I'd rather see a clone driven or raced than the real thing locked in a shed! :thumbright:

Sorry about the hijack! :oops:
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

What Sandy said :thumbright:

I gave a lecture to 75 students of which 95% dont know or study politics. All but 2 said that they had followed the US election closely.They listened, questioned brightly and were switched on and interested.

That wasn't the case with Dubya in 2004, just a weary sense of resignation. One of the worst sins of the last 25 years of Republican politics is the way in which they assinated the word'liberal' and damn near made it a crime! Whats wrong with intelligent, reflective thinking in politics? That's what Obama has, and has risen above the corruption and arrogance of the last 8 years.
America was founded on liberal priciples and ideas of civic enjoining, i'm just glad to see a little hope back in politics. Could do with some of that over here!

Lets hope the reality of his administration lives up to the almost hypoberlic expectations.
db

Post by db »

Dubya has followed the path his dad and Reagan started toward alienating the rest of the world and a large proportion of their own people.
I just hope Obama lives long enough to sort out some of the mess he's been left :?
No-one will believe you...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The best man won, and he happened to be Afro American. He didn't get the job because of that fact, and I would'nt insult the man by making it the pivotal issue of his success.

Just a thought ;)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Tsk, tsk ... Clive.

How can I type a reply to your post if you just go deleting/editting them.

The simple fact is that his race does matter, and matters hugely in his standing with his own countrymen, and with the rest of the world. I doubt that it bothers him one jot, but his back ground brings a breadth of life experience, and a depth of understanding that his predecessors could only dream about.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I went off at tangent Sandy so I reigned myself in a bit :lol:

I think the only point I wanted to make was that there seems to be a hell of a lot of air time given to those who want to do nothing more than shout about how great it is to have a black president. Yes it is great, from a very strict point of view, but that, is it!

If I were he, I would want to be known as the man who brought Yankeeland back from the brink of implosion. Way too manyjust seem to want to know him as the first black president, and to hell with whether he is any good or not.

its fantastic that he won
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Nov 06, 08 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I feel sorry for Mcain.

He was side lined in favour Bushy boy 8 years ago and he probably would have done an excellent job as well. Now the Republican party is so unpopular he really had no chance of winning, so he has missed out again.

But I think under the present circumstances Obama is going to be a breath of fresh air in D.C. and there was only going to be one outcome of this election.
RayC

Post by RayC »

Clivey wrote:
If voting was all about appearances, I'd rather shag Barrack Obama than Sarah Palin than ANY day of the week ......

:shock: :shock: :shock:

;) :D
Pete

Post by Pete »

You are a little Tinker, Ray [-X
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
phil442

Post by phil442 »

Clivey wrote:For the record, I think he will be a 'Tony Blair in his first term'. Fresh, full of good ideas and not in the back pocket of big corporations.
Hopefully only as 'in his first term' & not his next 2! :x