job

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

no i havent done the hgv course this is night shift work for somerfield which hopfully will turn into security work then i can branch out somewhere else with better pay
Steve Chapman

Post by Steve Chapman »

If your still into going driving Si,Somerfield would probabley put you through it after a while . Stick to the job and keep your head down.No breaking faces and you never know. IF you dont ask you dont get, in this life. Good luck.
Nick

Post by Nick »

" this is night shift work for somerfield which hopfully will turn into security work then i can branch out somewhere else with better pay"

You need an SIA license to get into Security work these days. Its a fairly straight forward process. You will need to sit a 4 day training course @ appx £150 before you can apply for your license which will includes a CRB check and a review of your status (right to work) and costs £245.00 for 3 years. You wont get a job in contract guarding without one though a few employers will put you through the training.

www.danhouse.co.uk
:thumbright: [/quote]
BUDGIE

Post by BUDGIE »

"hopfully will turn into security work then i can branch out somewhere else with better pay"

Bouncer on the door at Mother Care...........;)
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Hit man for the Brownies... :D
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
MattH

Post by MattH »

Somerfield are OK as an employer, Mandie works for them. Staff discount which helps with the food bills. They are being taken over by the Co-Op so there may be redundancies, so take the advice here and keep your head down, do thework and see where it takes you. They run a big fleet so the HGV thing could happen.
Best of luck Si.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

well i had my induction day what a killer 456.978.34 forms later and lord knows how many videos i got home i have my first bit of training tomorow for two hours then i start on monday