MMA at the NEC Classic Car Show 2010

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

Nice seeing you 2 today, enjoy the weekend. Sorry to report the bike show was a bit mediocre :shock:
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

Just got back and I'm knackered but what a great 4 days!

Thanks so much to Ivor for sorting out and organising the MMA presence at the event, Helen and Dave from Quarter Mile High for supporting the MMA once again and filling our stand up with interesting stuff, big thanks to Steve, Jon, Morgan and Matt for their input at their own, not insignificant, expense.

Also thanks to all the MMA members and friends who showed their support and stopped by at the stand, Rob, Stu, Adrian and his brother, Guy, Andy, John, Chang, (Mustang) Lee, Phil, Rich, Ray, Duncan, Bri, the guy from Birmingham with the fast white Challenger who hasn't repaired the wing in 18 years and his mate (sorry I don't know your name :oops: ), Ivor's mate Keith, Morgan's mate, Matt's good lady, Jon's son and anyone else who stopped by that I've forgotten.

If you didn't make it, you really should try next year, I know it's a bit pricey but it's a great event and a great way to finish off the year until we start all over again at Essex arena. And if you turn up and say hello it makes it all worthwhile for everyone who's been involved in making it all happen. :thumbright:
Attachments
IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG (100.98 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Martin Walker
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

I'd like to add my two cent's worth to Martin's comments, that special thanks must go to Jon, Matt, Morgan and Martin for making the efforts to bring four very different Mopars to the attention of the motoring enthusiast public.

The amount of interest generated on the stand, was quite incredible really for what is a very niche enthusiast market.

It's hard work putting together a show and without the help of Steve Edwards and Dave and Helen helping man the stand, plus of course, the invaluable help of Duncan, Brian and Ray from Crewe, helping us to pack the stand away at the same time spotting top totty walking by in tight jeans and tops, I don't know where we would be...

home early perhaps!

Anyway, it is our job to keep the Mopar marque in the public eye and despite the recesson and the fact that everyone is supposed to be skint, the place was rammed every day.

The only people lacking were more MMA members, perhaps a dozen or so turned up, which was disappointing.
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
74challenger318

Post by 74challenger318 »

stopped by the stand on sunday,left my ticket stub, did not meet anyone apart from jon, never been before didnt relise how big it was, good turn out of cars and stuff will be there next year, anyone else get a green alien :D
Brian J

Post by Brian J »

Ivor wrote:, the invaluable help of Duncan, Brian and Ray from Crewe, helping us to pack the stand away at the same time spotting top totty walking by in tight jeans and tops, I don't know where we would be...

home early perhaps!

Anyway, it is our job to keep the Mopar marque in the public eye and despite the recesson and the fact that everyone is supposed to be skint, the place was rammed every day.

The only people lacking were more MMA members, perhaps a dozen or so turned up, which was disappointing.
LOL :D the tight jeans playing base were tasty, ;) . It was good to meet up and thanks for making the effort of putting on a stand .

Shame more members don't go ,its a great show and i would imagine yourself and Martin are out of pocket personally also ,so thanks

So get yourself there next year lads, we are always made welcome

:)
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

TyreFryer wrote:Just got back and I'm knackered but what a great 4 days!

Thanks so much to Ivor for sorting out and organising the MMA presence at the event, Helen and Dave from Quarter Mile High for supporting the MMA once again and filling our stand up with interesting stuff, big thanks to Steve, Jon, Morgan and Matt for their input at their own, not insignificant, expense.

Also thanks to all the MMA members and friends who showed their support and stopped by at the stand, Rob, Stu, Adrian and his brother, Guy, Andy, John, Chang, (Mustang) Lee, Phil, Rich, Ray, Duncan, Bri, the guy from Birmingham with the fast white Challenger who hasn't repaired the wing in 18 years and his mate (sorry I don't know your name :oops: ), Ivor's mate Keith, Morgan's mate, Matt's good lady, Jon's son and anyone else who stopped by that I've forgotten.

If you didn't make it, you really should try next year, I know it's a bit pricey but it's a great event and a great way to finish off the year until we start all over again at Essex arena. And if you turn up and say hello it makes it all worthwhile for everyone who's been involved in making it all happen. :thumbright:
great pic,, i dont remember jim royle stood chatting to you and me ivor, ;) ;) :D :D :D :D
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

I hope Jon's departure went down as well as his arrival, with the H&S jobsworths :D

Wish I'd been there to see/hear it - worth the entry fee alone :lol:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Jon's Color me Dodge truck even drowned out Henry Hirise. is was F loud! :D

I was given a right royal telling off by the NEC officials for allowing it to happen, I told them it was a race car with a special locked transmission and couldn't be pushed...I don't think they believed me... :roll:

Jim Royle! Luv it! ;)

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Jon also got a Bananarama! for tipping petrol into the small fuel cell on the car he had there last year while there were still one or two paying public in the hall. :D
Derek

Post by Derek »

Ivor wrote:
Maybe next year, was attending a friends wedding on Saturday using a friends Bentley to drive the Bride, couldn't risk driving on Sunday. ;) :drunken:

Well done to all, the pics look great. might try and gey my car there next year, If you'll have it.
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

What do you mean, if you'll have it?

Your car's going to look better than ever shortly! ;)

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

What you need with your car Derek is some blown up stills from your film and TV antics. Average punters love celebrity stuff.

:thumbright:
morgan

Post by morgan »

I got told off for having the audacity to wave a sponge in the hall. I was told to take it outside... (true story) :lol:
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Ivor wrote:What do you mean, if you'll have it?

Your car's going to look better than ever shorty! ;)

....and dont call him shorty.....

:)
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

morgan wrote:I got told off for having the audacity to wave a sponge in the hall. I was told to take it outside... (true story) :lol:
What with you causing slip hazards with puddles of water and Jon's truck either deafening everyone within a mile radius or being at risk of falling off its axle stands at any time, it's a wonder you all came away unscathed :roll:

:lol: