Buick Grand National

It's not Mopar, but we like it

Moderator: Moderators

MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

Hi Sandy, just loaded up the drag radials, tent and a few tools. Just down to the weather :shock:
Had a quick scare last night, trans appeared to be groaning whilst in P or D which is a sign of convertor wear.
Today, topped up fluid, quick drive and checked and found a vibrating exhaust! Never diagnose noises in the dark, in your garage. Always better in daylight 8-)
Nick

Post by Nick »

[/url]
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

:shock: :? :D
mental
Rich

Post by Rich »

is there still a six under the hood of that thing ??????????? :shock: :shock: ;)
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

Long overdue update on my Grand National. Still love driving this thing! Anyway, noticed that the turbo was showing signs of wear after the Nats and so decided to splash out. I've now fitted a TE34 Turbo which will support 545hp along with a larger intercooler and a custom made chip to tune in the alky from TurboTweak in the states.
Took her for a run on Sunday and using progressive throttle wound the turbo up to 20psi. Accellerates like a train, just keeps pulling and the number on my scantool read Zero Knock( :twisted: ) and correct a/f ratio. Bless the new chip!
Damn thing is so quick on the the kickdown that I have to back out even on straight roads unless there's two or more lanes to play with :shock:
Cheers to Allkiller (again) for selling me this car, its Bananarama! dynamite!