spraying

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi Dave, would love to see a few more pics of your Dart. Have you posted any other than on your profile? Tried searching but cant find any,

Cheers Steve
V8 Sam

Post by V8 Sam »

Hmm, think you may be right Dave.

Will re consider after nats.
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

1968Polara383 wrote:Hi Dave, would love to see a few more pics of your Dart. Have you posted any other than on your profile? Tried searching but cant find any,

Cheers Steve
Look in members cars mate.

Should be bottom of page 1/start of page 2. :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Steve

Post by Steve »

Dave999, is that your Charger in classic american, page 85? Looks great! Cant be many orange beasties like that on the scene :thumbright:

Cheers Steve
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

I think so

I have't made the purchase yet

fellas at work seem to think it is

I'll get one at the NATS if they turn up..... used to get it every month but i'm not that interested in 3 part features on fisher bodies and pontiac which appears to have been a current and reccuring theme

exceptions can be made though :)

you don't see many aussie cars nevermind chargers

never passed one going the other way out side of a show

there should be 200 official UK imports knocking about but the banger boys and rust had loads of them in the 80s and 90s

you meet people who had one....

aussie charger club had 40 odd in it before it shut up shop...but that was way before my time

dave robbo, gringo, minty and steve with the VH wagon were members and i think matt still has the club flag somewhere

all nicely merged into the MMA

Dave
Last edited by Dave999 on Wed Jul 25, 12 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Steve

Post by Steve »

Just noticed it looked the same as the pic on this thread, reg no JYY 525J. Sure there are loads of member cars on the Chryslers at Brooklands article... Great looking cars! :thumbright:
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

yeah i wa just trying to illustrate how a car can look really quite good even when you as the owner know that there are some pretty rubbish bits

my bumper for example is pretty bad it needs a re chrome and has done for years and years it turns orange on humid days :)

but catch the light right using a big camera with real chunks of 3 inch by 4 inch film in it

and it comes out looking ok the picture was direct off the negative scanner and he swears he hasn't pimped it up with phtoshop

i was amazed

so before sam, or was it dave, spends his cash on a full respray they need to compare just how good their cars are in the flesh along side a range of others not just what the see photgraphed in the mags the photographers are very skilled at making the best of what is there for an interesting set of pics and a decent article before they even turn to photoshop....

i can't see any pictures on here due to work policy so i can't see what their cars look like

but i bet they are pretty good....

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
V8 Sam

Post by V8 Sam »

twas me!

and taking your advice onboard! i shall have a good long mooch about! :)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thats very true Dave, photos can be very flattering ( except my ex in our wedding photos!).... Loads, if not most classics at the shows look really good to everyone but their owners.... No one else notices the little bits that keep us awake at night. My rear bumper needs to be rechromed but I dont want to lose the patina, so not doing it :thumbright:

Cheers Steve
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Hi Steve.

A good point made there !
My coronet has quite a few dings and scrapes etc also starting the usual back end rusting !!!
Don't like to bodge (horrible word) but just gonna seal her up and run her for a bit whilst the original paint and stripes are still on and also to see if any other nasties show their face.
Gonna have to do the bodywork at some point but it will be nice to have some time in her "as she was built"

Gary
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
NickB

Respray

Post by NickB »

Just by coincidence someone has offered to do a wrap on my 68 charger. Now I know this could be classed as sacrilage in some quarters but I'm on a budget and the car is sat in my garage cos I cant get the funds together for a full respray. I've been quoted £800 to do the whole car in vinyl. I see its been mentioned here but what are the pro's n cons of a vinyl wrap. Anyone on here had one done? I'm tempted cos I can experiment with the colour and more importantly get the car back on the street where it belongs. Thanks in advance :thumbright: ps my 68 will never be a concours car, and nor do I want it to be, so the quicker, cheaper option is ok by me.........
Nick '68 Charger r/t
No matter how fast you go, the crap in your life will always catch you up. So keep going faster.
V8 Sam

Post by V8 Sam »

get a load of pics before and after too!