New kid on the block

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Carl

New kid on the block

Post by Carl »

Hi everyone im Carl, new member here, but not new to american Muscle. I live in a place called Maylandsea in Essex its near Maldon and not too far from Chelmsford.

My introduction to the american car seen was a Candy apple 71 Mustang with a 302ci way back 85ish, that was sold to a guy in Southend and i never saw it again. A few years later came the 69 Barracuda with 318ci and right hand drive in blue, that came from westcliff-on-sea which i swapped for a 71 charger 383 Magnum also in Southend (There was a lot of yanks around in those days it seemed) The Charger was then swapped for a powerboat, my biggest mistake! So i am a mopar guy through and through but still have a soft spot for the Mustangs.

Now after many many years in the wilderness and just when i thought i would never be able to own some Mopar Muscle i find myself (or shortly will be) in the position of putting myself back behind the wheel of a life long passion, and cant wait.

Thanks
Carl
Pete

Post by Pete »

Welcome to the Board, Carl.
Worth reading the MB guidelines as a starter.

If you are after some of Ma Mopar's Iron then some good cars come up for sale on the board.

What is your poison?

"A" Bodies? Light and fast - great road and race cars!
"B" Bodies - everyone likes a Charger!!
"C" Bodies - you seem to like sailing so maybe you would like a land Yacht!
"E" Bodies - the best looking and worst driving cars ever built.

Plenty of choice here.

Also a good resto/Racing cross section in the club as well.

Pete
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Welcome aboard Carl,This is a great place for info and just about anything else too :lol: Get some pictures up soon. what motor have you got your hands on
Dart Vader

Post by Dart Vader »

Pete wrote:Welcome to the Board, Carl.
Worth reading the MB guidelines as a starter.

If you are after some of Ma Mopar's Iron then some good cars come up for sale on the board.

What is your poison?

"A" Bodies? Light and fast - great road and race cars!
"B" Bodies - everyone likes a Charger!!
"C" Bodies - you seem to like sailing so maybe you would like a land Yacht!
"E" Bodies - the best looking and worst driving cars ever built.

Plenty of choice here.

Also a good resto/Racing cross section in the club as well.

Pete
Welcome Carl

I think Pete has summed it up in a nutshell :D

I'm an A-Body man, that's where the smart money goes..........

wait for the insults now......come on charger boys.....what ya got?
Justin "Supreme Leader" Greener
1970 Dodge Dart
1995 Mustang GT
1980 MGBGT
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Welcome aboard.
Another Essex boy in the club !!!
Real helpful and friendly guys on here I'm sure you'll love it
Don't listen to Justin. It's got to be a b body. A proper size American car !!! :D :D :D :D
Regards
Gary
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thanks for your warm welcome.

I must admit I am a bit of a B body guy although i like some A body cars (my 69 Barracuda for example)
And yes who dos'nt love a charger, after all it was the dukes of Hazzard that started it all off, I guess thats the same for most of us? And was always the car of my dreams, it still is high up on my list but have also dicovered other cars i like equally. (70-71 Roadrunner/GTX, 69 superbee e.g)
Also the E body 'cuda's (that black beauty in Phantasm with the blown arches, maybe not for the purists though but it is subtle)
and of course the challenger.

Im not quit in the finacial position to buy for a few months yet so am putting my feelers out, i've been toying with the idea of importing my own especially after seeing this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth ... 25737da208 or http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth ... 2a20f583fa If i had the money burning a hole in my pocket now i think i would be heading for the airport as we speak the 70 gtx would be my first stop.
TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

Hello

I would have liked to have seen your 71 Charger =P~ one of if not the best looking Mopars for me.

I always think of the Mopar alphabet as A to C when you get to Charger just stop! it can not be bettered.

I am glad we have another Mustang fan 8-)
Carl

Post by Carl »

TYREMAN wrote:Hello

I would have liked to have seen your 71 Charger =P~ one of if not the best looking Mopars for me.

I always think of the Mopar alphabet as A to C when you get to Charger just stop! it can not be bettered.

I am glad we have another Mustang fan 8-)
It was a wreck when i swapped it for the Barracuda, the guy who had it had it at the back of his workshop, he made fishing rods in a little workshop in Westcliff-on-sea, he started resteration but left it, the top of both front wings had plates welded on where the rot had been cut out, the seats where with the upholsterer and had been for over a year and he got them out the loft when i went to get them lol.
It was red with a black boot lid and spoiler, cream cloth seats slapstick trans nd hideaway headlights. I was told it once had a mural of a night on horse back holding a lance down both sides, but was gone when i got the car. The only pic i can find of it is of me washing the car but can only see the boot lid.
The poor guy i got the car off lost his life by falling off a fishing boat as he was climbing aboard on his own, shortly after. I never knew what happened to the Barracuda after that.
dustymopar

Post by dustymopar »

Hi Carl, I'm just over at Galleywood and Dave who now owns Paul Worrows Charger is just around the corner :thumbright:
Enough is never ever enough....
V8 Sam

Post by V8 Sam »

Hello mate!

Welcome!

I too are an 'A' body kinda fella.. But that's only cos my idol is dart vader :P

Sure you will fit in just fine here!
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Welcome aboard Carl. :hello2:

Nice back catalogue of cars you have there! 8-)

Must be something in the Water in that area of the country, a lot of Mopar guys down there now!

What are you looking for in terms of goal.......Factory Standard, Street or Race???
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Welcome to the nut house Carl, this lot'll have you sorted out in short order! ;)
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Carl

Post by Carl »

dustymopar wrote:Hi Carl, I'm just over at Galleywood and Dave who now owns Paul Worrows Charger is just around the corner :thumbright:
Ah good to know there is some local boys :)
Carl

Post by Carl »

Dave81 wrote:Welcome aboard Carl. :hello2:

Nice back catalogue of cars you have there! 8-)

Must be something in the Water in that area of the country, a lot of Mopar guys down there now!

What are you looking for in terms of goal.......Factory Standard, Street or Race???
Hi dave

Thanks i only wish i had them all now.

In those days you could pick them up reasonably cheap, compared to today's prices, maybe as there seemed to be more about of all makes there was in this area anyway.

I guess im a bit of each of those category, I like a stock-ish look, that I mean by a few subtle body mods, or just after market wheels. I also like a modded engine for the strip I don't want an out and out strip car that I cant have the pleasure of showing off around the streets as I drive, so I guess I would fit into a street/strip category if there is such a thing? I think that's the goal I will be aiming for. I want a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Where in the West Mids are you? I used to spend a lot of time up there as I was seeing a girl i met in Malia who lives in Willenhall, maybe not near you as the West Mids is a big place? Had many a good time up there, had some great times in the Malthouse, friendly people.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Welcome Carl, sure you will love it on here mate.... Great bunch and extremely knowledgeable and helpful :thumbright:

Youve broken a basic rule already... Dont get Dave81 onto the subject of the black country and brum!!! Or get drunk before you do! :lol: :o :lol: