1969 charger 500

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Holly

Post by Holly »

Very nice rare beastie - I'd also love to see it in the flesh when its ready for the limelight!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The car still needs some work, we just put it together to ship it home (all the parts were in place but the only things working were the steering & the parking brake). It wont be on the road for a while yet, still missing a few hard to find bits i.e 1 piece of rear window trim thats only found on 500's & Daytona's.
Jim was right about the early 500's having XS29 vin's, mine was built in september 68 the dash vin is XX29 & the fender tag is XS29. On the fender tag its got the A11 option- charger 500 package with the V88 option- delete tranverse R/T stripe option. All charger 500's had these two options along with a few others.
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

CHUFFED FOR YOU PAUL
MOST PEOPLE DONT LIKE THE STYLE OFF THE 500,S BUT I THINK I PREFER EM CAUSE THEY ARE A BIT ODD/QUIRKY, was only saying maybe a year ago we could do with a 500 over here now we have 2 great stuff
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dunc,

I have been lucky enough to see both pauls cars, and I think he is underwestimating the condition. The quality of the work done is top notch. They are both really impressive as is the work that contines to be done.

The bodywiork on that 500 is razor sharp and the paint looks so deep you could drown in it. I agree with you though Dunc, a proper 500 is going to be a real crowd puller because it is so different and rare over here.

Gotta say Paul, seeing what you have done yourself gave me a massive kick up the ass, and will save me some money which is a relief.

Give me a bell when you are in the area guv'nor about them inspection covers. :wink:
Jim

Post by Jim »

I like 'em Dunc.

I would much rather own a '69 500 than an R/T, - not just because they are rare, but i like the style better, - and they are different.

Anyway, congrats to Paul, - it's good to see such cars coming here from the USA. I am looking forward to seeing it next year, - at the Nats?