Test and tune day 27th June at pod

Moderator: Moderators

68northantsdart

Test and tune day 27th June at pod

Post by 68northantsdart »

Anyone else planning on heading to this? Max off 100 cars allowed so should be good track time
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Should be good weather, nice warm track.......and in theory Pete will be there so if you have any probs, need advice I'm sure he'll help. But as Mick said, paint a white line on your slicks, start at 10psi, get someone to watch the launch and report back, don't stall the verter (hope its around 3500 at least?), Bananarama! on the launch and see how you get on.

Also a lot depends on what cam/intake set up /carb you have on that car, if its a flat tappet of around .550 or more lift and you ain't got enough stall in your verter you'll not have much bottom end hp/torque and will need a 4500 verter or better to make it launch hard which will lower your ET and your mph to more sensible no's.

To put it simply, you seem to have enough power to pull that weight car to 120mph over the 1/4, but perhaps your not developing enough hp/torque on the launch which means you are spending more time on the track at the start (slow ET), therefore in effect you have a longer track and more time to increase your mph than you would normally with it 60ft ing good.
Last edited by Les Szabo on Wed Jun 11, 14 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

Might take me HP4 up for this.
One point worth considering is that although it seems Bananarama! pricey at 60 quid for the day the track prep is excellent and no tw@ tries to empty kerosene all over the start line in a Wockit Car ;)
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

£60 :shock:....at the beginning when I was still driving the 340 there/back, I used to do the whole day, inc Racing for around £45.....track time these days is expensive, cheaper to enter into comp isn't it?
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

£60 is a real good price when you break it down, especially when you compare entrance & run cost just to do a RWYB.

Costs around Tenner just to go to the pictures these days ...
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Pete

Post by Pete »

T&T is very good value in my opinion.
However that event will have all the heavy hitters out ready for the weekend so I am not sure how much time you will actually get............
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Turnip

Post by Turnip »

Pete wrote:T&T is very good value in my opinion.
However that event will have all the heavy hitters out ready for the weekend so I am not sure how much time you will actually get............
We will be there.

It is not normally very busy, should be able to get plenty of track time without much hanging around :thumbright:
68northantsdart

Post by 68northantsdart »

There's a max of 100 car entry so hoping for 10 + runs in the day if all goes to plan :-)
TW71

Post by TW71 »

Its the only way to go IMHO, no better way to dial in, especially if you are not running in competition where you get the track time usually.

RWYB if your very lucky these days.