Gear Vendors overdrives

Moderator: Moderators

db

Gear Vendors overdrives

Post by db »

Andy Frost (RV3) is now an official UK dealer 01902 344004

https://www.facebook.com/andy.frost.332?fref=nf

For a while Frosty has been talking to customers (at Penn Autos) on the benefits of the GV overdrive unit, instead of a weak factory Overdrive trans, and the often complicated electronics that go with them!
He has just recommended and fitted one for a customer to a TH400, giving the benefit of a great transmission, AND lower engine RPM and better fuel mileage for the street!

So, to help our customers we have just become an official UK dealer for the Gear Vendors underdrive/overdrive units.
These are the best way to have an Higher HP overdrive, and keep your strong 3 speed auto/4 speed manual trans, and not have the problems related to weaker 4 speed auto GM/Ford transmissions!
Now we can take the hassle out of choice of unit, get them here to the UK for you, then fit them (if required).
Give Frosty a call on 01902 344004 for details..
https://www.gearvendors.com/index.html
No-one will believe you...
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Almost exactly 12 years since I bought and fitted one to my Challenger. One of my better ideas. I loved it.

I wouldn't bother with all the fancy electronics they sell with it though. All you need is a 12v supply to the OD via a foot switch (like the high/low beam switch) and just use it like a top gear. Combined with lower axle gears it's a blast.
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

Price: $2,795.00
From Gearvendors website.

Looks great, but only buy if you're going to keep the car!

(Sorry Dave :? )
Blue

Post by Blue »

I've fitted a couple, big old lumps but they seem to work well. The overdrive unit is made in the UK by Laycock and not that expensive on it's own. What you can't buy separatly are the parts to adapt it to your transmission, and for that you have to pay gear vendors premium.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
DaveBishop

Post by DaveBishop »

Great to see someone bringing them in over here The overdrive unit is built in the midlands in England. I talked to the company that now builds the units similar to the ones that were used on the MGB and Volvo's
2 x 1969 Dodge Darts
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

P- type laycock made by GKN

as used in the volvo 740

I belive a stand alone splined shaft in, splined shaft out version was used or was a dealer option on some Mitsubishi pickups

i have been looking for a long time and have only ever seen 1 stand alone unit and it was a d type for a II series landrover. i.e good enough for about 100 ft lb and thats it , more at home in a gentlemans MG splogeit

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying