computer help or info needed

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Blue

Post by Blue »

Blimey, dunno what you folks get up to, my iPad & iPhone are both 4 years old, both up to date and no problems with either...
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
ghopki

Post by ghopki »

Windows 10 is infinity more stable and user friendly than Windows 8.

But....requires a more advanced level of specification to adequately run at optimum performance. Windows 7 was the last true stable platform before Windows 10, XP being the corporate choice for the majorities of companies over most other OS until Windows 7.

When I relate to any OS, I mean 64bit (a LOT of people complain about the older OS but forget to realise than only 64bit will make use of adequate RAM upgrades!)

Apple products generally are rock solid. We utilise literally millions of pounds worth of equipment each year, and Apple by far lead the way in service and reliability. They just work.
Doug

Post by Doug »

I fell in same Trap dloaded it, sodding Tiles on desktop, couldnt find half stuff i had, managed in time to negotiate round it to a decent level now, much prefer mi old OS
MOPAR - Move Over Power Arriving Rapidly

Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My Mopar upon you
steveo

Post by steveo »

mustangbooks wrote:

:D
:lol: :thumbright:

thanks for all the input guys !! appreciated !!
quick up date , some how , think I must of pushed the wrong keys , windows 10 installed its self :shock: , I some how managed to switch off all of the stuff to do with privacy / tracking etc , could not get rid of Microsoft edge , & every page on the edge thing , I was swamped with adverts & pop ups , by shear fluke I found a drop down box top right , which aloud me to swap back to internet explorer , on each page . for me someone who is not computer savvy & not of the millennial generation , these computer geeks boffins , have created a monster with this new technology ... far too complicated , I can see some could waste / spend half their life trying to figure it out & or keep up with the latest stuff . there was even a talking voice on this windows 10 called Cortina :? eh !! , nother thing , windows 10 had a mind of its own , when connecting to the internet on start up , unless I automatically restarted computer , internet would take any where between 5 minutes & never to connect ,

anyway managed to delete the windows 10 , & revert back to 8.1 ,
what made me laugh , a pop up said thank you for trying windows ten , you can change back to windows time , give reasons why you did not like it etc so I filled than in , & thought , right got that over & done with . with in 2 minutes , had the windows 10 pop up again , your computer is going to be up dated now to windows 10 , click yes or re schedule !! :roll:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Bite the bullet and upgrade.

You don't know when MS will stop supporting W8.1 - or but a new PC with W10 installed already.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
steveo

Post by steveo »

Pete wrote:Bite the bullet and upgrade.

You don't know when MS will stop supporting W8.1 - or but a new PC with W10 installed already.
yes , that's true , Pete ... that's what i'm thinking , :thumbright: :read2:

might attempt it again , :shock:
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

If you like XP

get your old hardware out and download Zorin desktop

its a Linux with an XP like front end

runs on any old junk

install WINE and it runs quite a few windows programs as if they were supposed to be run on Linux.

if you just want to browse and write emails no problem

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying