A voice from the past

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

xbrit

A voice from the past

Post by xbrit »

It’s been a couple of years since I contacted the MOPAR Cuda Challenger community a my last posting was from the West Coast of the US.
I was working for the BIG aeroplane company in Everett and as they are out sourcing there engineering work I lost my contract and had to take salvage back in the UK with JLR.
I had planned on bringing my 72 Challenger over with me but before leaving I had a cash offer that at the time I didn’t think I could turn it down and ending up selling it, that was January of last year.
We have just spent a month on the West Coast and on seeing a few of my MOPAR friends over there I made an offer on a 1967 Barracuda not matching numbers but very straight body little to no rust on the panels but needs foot wells and paint, it also has a nice 340ci.
If I go through with the deal I will get the motor freshened up, all the exterior trim is present, but removed, auto tyranny, power steering, disk brakes no power booster.
I put a pile of bucks into my E body and liked it but can't find a good deal on another one.... If the deal goes thru what sort of value have these early Cuda's got in the UK?
Cheers for now,
Xbrit
Attachments
20160910_121905 (1).jpg
20160910_121905 (1).jpg (116.62 KiB) Viewed 820 times
P38 Range Rover 2.4d
2015 V6 Challenger

Remember - You are required to get older but you are not required to grow up!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Good to hear from you again.

In terms of the Barracuda, I love these "A" bodies but there is not a significant market for them in my opinion - or rather they are liked but do not command very high prices relative to other Mopaars. Just my opinion.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

There was a red 318 RHD fastback on R&S a little while back.
Fully restored. The vendor was asking £12k iirc?
-Jon.
sharpie

Re: A voice from the past

Post by sharpie »

xbrit wrote:If I go through with the deal I will get the motor freshened up, all the exterior trim is present, but removed, auto tyranny, power steering, disk brakes no power booster.
auto tyranny, i like it ...
Daily drive - 74 dodge dart hardtop 318 green/black
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

It will not be an E or B body money but it is still nice and have following, well I have one ;)

price is whatever someone is willing to pay, 12k, I'll be happy.
TW71

Post by TW71 »

Good looking cars IMHO :thumbright:

Nice to see you back!
Blue

Post by Blue »

I'm a big A body fan but as others have said 12k is about the benchmark for a nice one over here, they don't fetch US prices.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”