Rear springs

Moderator: Moderators

rockinpete

Rear springs

Post by rockinpete »

Could anyone tell me what the difference would be between the heavy duty replacement springs and the superstock springs. Both say they give about a 1" higher ride, just sorting out the best one's to fit :thumbright:
Blue

Post by Blue »

Super stocks sit about 2" higher than stock, make sure you get the right ones for the car weight. Only used the XHD's once and thought they sat no higher than stock. Super stock springs also need a longer shock due to thier higher ride height. If you are going racing and are willing to spend accordingly, Calvert monoleafs Caltracs and adjustable shocks are a superior set up.
Last edited by Blue on Thu Aug 17, 17 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
rockinpete

Post by rockinpete »

Blue wrote:Super stocks sit about 2" higher than stock, make sure you get the right ones for the car weight. Only used the XHD's once and thought they sat no higher than stock.
Thanks for the info, I don't want it to high as I won't have large diameter race tyres due to gearing. Are the xhd as good for racing?
Blue

Post by Blue »

Not impressed with the XHD to be honest. Monoleafs are available in stock -1" + 1" ride height which should allow you to get the car sitting where you want it.
rockinpete

Post by rockinpete »

Blue wrote:Not impressed with the XHD to be honest. Monoleafs are available in stock -1" + 1" ride height which should allow you to get the car sitting where you want it.
So 2 left hand (I think they are the lower of the two) superstocks would be the best bet then
Blue

Post by Blue »

You could do that but the springs are handed, the o/s has more leaves in the front section to fight torque roll.
rockinpete

Post by rockinpete »

Blue wrote:You could do that but the springs are handed, the o/s has more leaves in the front section to fight torque roll.
Yes that's what I mean, I read is makes the car sit one sided but others say it doesn't, don't know what is right !
Blue

Post by Blue »

Well all my cars have had super stock springs at some point and I've fitted several other sets for customers without that lop sided look some complain about. :dontknow:
rockinpete

Post by rockinpete »

Blue wrote:Well all my cars have had super stock springs at some point and I've fitted several other sets for customers without that lop sided look some complain about. :dontknow:
Superstocks it is then I think :thumbright: Thanks