Hellcat

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

68 beeper

Hellcat

Post by 68 beeper »

Any one on here got a hellcat ? I'm thinking of getting one and just wanted to no what they are like
AmericanThunder

Re: Hellcat

Post by AmericanThunder »

I’ve got a Scatpack so can offer some similarities with the exception of the engine.
The A8 gearbox is fantastic. Everything you would ever want and far superior to the M6. Unless you are a die-hard gear rower, get the A8.
Some words of caution.
I was looking at an SRT392 and decided on the Scatpack (same engine) for these reasons and they apply to a Hellcat.
Front brakes: those 6 piston Brembos on the SRT are fantastic but they come at a price. They are so aggressive that front disk replacement is about the same as front pads replacement whereas I would normally expect to get two pad changes out of a set of disks. The disks are two piece, rotors and hats and genuine Dodge parts are £2500 the pair.
I could replace the disks and pads on all 4 corners on my lesser Brembo equipped Scatpack for £600!!
Shock absorbers. They are electronically switchable for different settings. Fronts £600 a pair, rears £500 a pair.

Of course shocks might not ever need replacing in your ownership but with over 700hp brakes likely will. I couldn’t afford it so for now I’m happy with the lesser car.
Also, the 2015/2016 Hellcats has supercharger bearing issues that Dodge won’t honour in the UK. It’s an expensive fix from what I’ve been told.

Of course, none of this would stop me wanting one, but In my circumstances cost of ownership after purchase is a consideration. Your circumstances might be different.
Good luck if you buy one. They are simply phenomenal according to people I’ve spoken too.
68 beeper

Post by 68 beeper »

thankyou what the performance like on you 392 ?
AmericanThunder

Post by AmericanThunder »

Ample!!
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Roy ('Slowhand') on here has a Hellcat :twisted: 8-)