Organosol style paint for rear panel

Moderator: Moderators

petebryan

Organosol style paint for rear panel

Post by petebryan »

Hi all
I've got a bit of flaking paint on the black panel at the rear of the trunk on my Cuda (the big panel that the lights sit in). I've out found that it was painted (when restored in the 1990s) in Organosol ppg dcc 9355. Having done a fair bit of reading on this, I can see that my dcc 9355 is a urethane, non-textured version of the textured original paint (which was Organosol ddl 9355, and that's no longer available).

Anyway, the tricky bit is getting hold of any of this. I've found the odd bit of dcc 9355 in rattle cans (which would be fine) but no couriers will send aerosol paints as far as I'm aware (I'm assuming this is because it's all air freight and counts as a dangerous product).

I was wondering whether anyone else come across this issue and how they've solved it. Maybe there is a UK paint that is a very close match to this? I can't find any mention of one though.

Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks as always.
1970 Plymouth Cuda 383.
Steve

Re: Organosol style paint for rear panel

Post by Steve »

Just a thought. If you can source the paint in cans via Eastwoods or similar in the States, maybe Ron Fenton at STS could ship them over for you in one of his containers??

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Last edited by Steve on Sat Aug 05, 23 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Steve

Post by Steve »

Steve

Post by Steve »

https://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/parts/home/

Organosol listed on page 10.

Wondering if you are after a correct look, you could spend ages looking or an alternative here, spending lots of money etc, when an authentic paint is available.

Good luck with the search :thumbright:
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

why not give it a coat or two of rattle can stone chip for the texture then paint with the non textured but correct colour you already have?
neil.