be still my beating heart

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

gmopar59

Re: be still my beating heart

Post by gmopar59 »

Steve, is this png any use?
bike dibond with rounded corners 2440 x 410mm.png
bike dibond with rounded corners 2440 x 410mm.png (76.76 KiB) Viewed 12275 times
Steve

Post by Steve »

Unfortunately, no. When I open it and zoom in, its all blurred. Thanks for trying though. Do you have a web link to the source document?

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Steve

Post by Steve »

Sorted now, cheers, will have a proper read later :thumbright:
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

:thumbright:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Very interesting write ups and very sobering too. These brave men (and also some very talented ladies) have something in their blood that must just consume them with desire to win roadraces. Its the only motorsport that I would love to be able to do and the only one that wouldnt eventually bore me.

Ive just realised that I have been to the Motor Museum near the (fantastic) Ulster Folk Museum. It was a flying visit about 4 years ago. I wanted to take in all of the exhibits and read about them but we ran out of time.

That was a great wee holiday. We stumbled over the Ulster GP and had a cracking day watching with some really nice locals and the Police who were enjoying it too. Dean Harrison was on fire that day, we could see him getting faster and faster each time he passed us.

I must look at getting over to some racing now I live in Galloway. Although I can see Ireland on a clear day and as good as touch the Isle of Man, it takes ages to get there. Takes about 8 hrs to get to IOM and its only 17 miles away....typical. I could get there quicker when I lived in the Midlands! Gone are the days of bunging a local fishing boat a few quid and hopping over for the day. It was done on a jet ski during COVID but thats another story :D

Thanks for a great read!

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

The Folk museum and the transport, F&Tmuseum, share the same site but the transport is on the lough side of the main rd and the folk on the other side, or the 'Feffin T' as I like to call it. :D
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Just out.
Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 09.30.24.png
Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 09.30.24.png (174.79 KiB) Viewed 12090 times