Blue's Barracuda

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Rapid Richards
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 25 10:49 am
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: Blue's Barracuda

Post by Rapid Richards »

I've got various pictures of my dart with similar looking tyre deformation, though I was running them at about 8psi which I now know was way to low
User avatar
Blue
Posts: 14650
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 04 11:29 pm
Location: Straight outta Royston

Re: Blue's Barracuda

Post by Blue »

10psi seemed to have been working but all of a sudden it really seems to be beating the tyres up.
“Buy it broke and fix it wrong, it’s the American way”
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 22251
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 04 10:49 pm
Location: MMA Chairman

Re: Blue's Barracuda

Post by Pete »

The "Tyreshake" comment was made very much tongue in cheek, ostensibly because of the Skip marks behind the car, similar to the marks made by a ProMod when it DOES get tyreshake.

I think there is more investigation to be had.

It could be tyres going off, Pressures, or something else as the Skip marks are only apparent on one side of the vehicle.

Maybe we will find out at the HRD's!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
User avatar
Blue
Posts: 14650
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 04 11:29 pm
Location: Straight outta Royston

Re: Blue's Barracuda

Post by Blue »

Back to working on the Indy engine. Drilled the bosses at the rear of the intake manifold to intercept the rear cooling passages in the heads. Eventually AN6 lines will connect to the thermostat housing to allow improved cooling to the rear of the heads.
Attachments
IMG_5055.jpeg
IMG_5055.jpeg (142.32 KiB) Viewed 682 times
IMG_5054.jpeg
IMG_5054.jpeg (152.07 KiB) Viewed 682 times
“Buy it broke and fix it wrong, it’s the American way”
User avatar
Blue
Posts: 14650
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 04 11:29 pm
Location: Straight outta Royston

Re: Blue's Barracuda

Post by Blue »

Having failed to find anyone competent willing to port the heads, I’m having to do it myself. Unshrouding the valves should offer good benefits so I’m starting there. First job was to make some dummy valves to protect the valve seats while I’m working close by.
Attachments
IMG_5051.jpeg
IMG_5051.jpeg (286.47 KiB) Viewed 680 times
IMG_5050.jpeg
IMG_5050.jpeg (311.22 KiB) Viewed 680 times
IMG_5053.jpeg
IMG_5053.jpeg (330.13 KiB) Viewed 680 times
“Buy it broke and fix it wrong, it’s the American way”
User avatar
Steve
Posts: 7682
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 12 7:19 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Blue's Barracuda

Post by Steve »

Love the dummy valves Blue, great idea for avoiding any accidents. I wouldn't have the courage (forgetting not having the knowledge to start with) to do this on anything but a scrap motor :shock:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
User avatar
Blue
Posts: 14650
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 04 11:29 pm
Location: Straight outta Royston

Re: Blue's Barracuda

Post by Blue »

Not really looking forward to it Steve, it’s slow repetitive work with a high chance of screwing it up. But I can’t not do it, there’s a lot of horsepower to be had and I’m ‘avin it!
“Buy it broke and fix it wrong, it’s the American way”
User avatar
Steve
Posts: 7682
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 12 7:19 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Blue's Barracuda

Post by Steve »

I watch YouTube videos on this kind of stuff but am thankful that I'm happy just cruising around on my cars original stock motor. I do admire your skill though and the quest for horsepower must be addictive once you see the gains from your work
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
User avatar
Stu Twin
Posts: 1513
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 05 1:32 pm
Location: 'itchin, 'erts

Re: Blue's Barracuda

Post by Stu Twin »

Make sure you don't dent that nice new oil pan when you land....



not a single wrinkle joke in sight.
:D
User avatar
Blue
Posts: 14650
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 04 11:29 pm
Location: Straight outta Royston

Re: Blue's Barracuda

Post by Blue »

Likely to make less low end torque than the present combo so might be less lively, or worse..
“Buy it broke and fix it wrong, it’s the American way”
Post Reply