Blue's Barracuda
Moderator: Moderators
- Rapid Richards
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sun Sep 21, 25 10:49 am
- Location: Bedfordshire
Re: Blue's Barracuda
I've got various pictures of my dart with similar looking tyre deformation, though I was running them at about 8psi which I now know was way to low
Re: Blue's Barracuda
10psi seemed to have been working but all of a sudden it really seems to be beating the tyres up.
“Buy it broke and fix it wrong, it’s the American way”
Re: Blue's Barracuda
The "Tyreshake" comment was made very much tongue in cheek, ostensibly because of the Skip marks behind the car, similar to the marks made by a ProMod when it DOES get tyreshake.
I think there is more investigation to be had.
It could be tyres going off, Pressures, or something else as the Skip marks are only apparent on one side of the vehicle.
Maybe we will find out at the HRD's!
I think there is more investigation to be had.
It could be tyres going off, Pressures, or something else as the Skip marks are only apparent on one side of the vehicle.
Maybe we will find out at the HRD's!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.
Mopar by the grace of God
Mopar by the grace of God
Re: Blue's Barracuda
Back to working on the Indy engine. Drilled the bosses at the rear of the intake manifold to intercept the rear cooling passages in the heads. Eventually AN6 lines will connect to the thermostat housing to allow improved cooling to the rear of the heads.
- Attachments
-
- IMG_5055.jpeg (142.32 KiB) Viewed 683 times
-
- IMG_5054.jpeg (152.07 KiB) Viewed 683 times
“Buy it broke and fix it wrong, it’s the American way”
Re: Blue's Barracuda
Having failed to find anyone competent willing to port the heads, I’m having to do it myself. Unshrouding the valves should offer good benefits so I’m starting there. First job was to make some dummy valves to protect the valve seats while I’m working close by.
- Attachments
-
- IMG_5051.jpeg (286.47 KiB) Viewed 681 times
-
- IMG_5050.jpeg (311.22 KiB) Viewed 681 times
-
- IMG_5053.jpeg (330.13 KiB) Viewed 681 times
“Buy it broke and fix it wrong, it’s the American way”
Re: Blue's Barracuda
Love the dummy valves Blue, great idea for avoiding any accidents. I wouldn't have the courage (forgetting not having the knowledge to start with) to do this on anything but a scrap motor 
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Re: Blue's Barracuda
Not really looking forward to it Steve, it’s slow repetitive work with a high chance of screwing it up. But I can’t not do it, there’s a lot of horsepower to be had and I’m ‘avin it!
“Buy it broke and fix it wrong, it’s the American way”
Re: Blue's Barracuda
I watch YouTube videos on this kind of stuff but am thankful that I'm happy just cruising around on my cars original stock motor. I do admire your skill though and the quest for horsepower must be addictive once you see the gains from your work
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Re: Blue's Barracuda
Make sure you don't dent that nice new oil pan when you land....
not a single wrinkle joke in sight.

not a single wrinkle joke in sight.
Re: Blue's Barracuda
Likely to make less low end torque than the present combo so might be less lively, or worse..
“Buy it broke and fix it wrong, it’s the American way”