Moderator: Moderators

ScottyDave

Post by ScottyDave »

Willma!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice idea, even if it does look a little Flintstones
rossk

Post by rossk »

funnily enough your not the first person to say that!, fortunately I have no massive holes in the floorpan though!!
megla

post subject

Post by megla »

double check Northants, they have not got all the tyres they advertise. The container is always coming in. Stock on ebay is not accurate!
rossk

Post by rossk »

Will do, I was planning to get them from there. I'm going to see if I have some tyres at work in the size I think will fit, push the cardboard wheel into them and slowly lower the car until the tyre barely touches the floor and check the clearance. I think based on my measurements 225/65/15's should work
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

This is on my 72 Dart Currently:

205/65/15 Front
235/60/15 Rear

Reality is with most Mopars the Diff is not centered.
235s fit perfectly without rubbing.
On the one side im sure I could have got a 255 in but not on the Passenger side.

The wheels are 15x7 in Steels with 4" BS.
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Pete

Post by Pete »

My Dart ended up with exactly the same - Or I too could have run 1 x 255 and 1 x 235!!!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Blue

Post by Blue »

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Northants tyres, if they don't have what you want in stock go elsewhere. In fact just go elsewhere unless you enjoy appalling "service".
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
rossk

Post by rossk »

Dave I like the stance of the dart, thanks for posting the picture. I made a cardboard tyre tonight as well 235/50/16 and the clearance looks spot on so I think my decision has been made!

Thanks for everyone's help, input and advice.

Blue, sorry to hear about Northants I spoke to someone there called James earlier and he was really helpful, recommended tyre sizes and wheel options and seemed really knowledgeable. If I didn't use them can you offer any alternative suppliers?
Blue

Post by Blue »

Maybe they've sorted thier act out, perhaps someone with more recent experience will chip in. Raceways of Donnington seem to have a good rep, WASP are excellent or you could buy direct from the likes of Summit and ship in via Ron Fenton.
megla

post subject

Post by megla »

No I don't believe they have! recently purchased 4 Hercules 4000 of them. went with 70s on the front because they did not have 60s in stock as advertised on Ebay. got them reduced for there error. but as it happens suits the set up better. SO make sure you know what you want and they have them in stock and the correct price. :read2:
rossk

Post by rossk »

Just to give you all an update, I ordered the wheels & tyres with Northants yesterday mid morning, the prices on the website matched what they quoted over the phone. They arrived at my work, tyres fitted to the rims before 9am this morning.

Only small problem was that they currently didn't have the centre caps in stock that I wanted, not a problem I can wait.

So as long as I've measured them correctly and they fit I'll be a very happy customer.

If not there will be two wheels and tyres in the for sale section of the forum later tonight :lol:
rossk

Post by rossk »

Well they fit, and I think they look pretty good!!
Attachments
wheels
wheels
EIDT1200.jpg (132.43 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
Blue

Post by Blue »

Sorted :thumbright:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Good news! 235's??? ;)
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.