Newbie from Hertfordshire...

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

danny_duke01

Post by danny_duke01 »

Dart Vader wrote:Where is the car Danny? Is there anyone in a club Drew may know that can check the car out for you.

As for PayPal, then yes, I think that's a good idea as it does offer a bit of protection if you bought it on eBay
The car is located in New Mexico,US.

The auction ends today on ebay,so it's decision time!! :?
1978 Plymouth Fury,4-door sedan B-body,400 cu in (6.6L) Big-Block 4 barrel V8 'High Performance'
(numbers matching with Police special handling package)

MMA / 911
Dart Vader

Post by Dart Vader »

I don't know where oh stand buying on eBay outside the UK, check the terms and conditions. You will always have to take a leap of faith. But if it doesn't feel right then it's probably not.

Having said that plenty of people have bought on eBay without issues and shipped them over with no problems

Good luck with it

Just make sure you use PayPal, a least ou have some way of tracking the payment
Justin "Supreme Leader" Greener
1970 Dodge Dart
1995 Mustang GT
1980 MGBGT
danny_duke01

Post by danny_duke01 »

Dart Vader wrote:I don't know where oh stand buying on eBay outside the UK, check the terms and conditions. You will always have to take a leap of faith. But if it doesn't feel right then it's probably not.

Having said that plenty of people have bought on eBay without issues and shipped them over with no problems

Good luck with it

Just make sure you use PayPal, a least ou have some way of tracking the payment
Yeah seller seems polite and friendly enough. He has sent me extra photo's when requested and shown me the vehicle documents etc...
My only concern was his only 1 feedback which he had left back in 2009 which was a positive though. I guess he just never uses on goes on ebay very often?? :?
He is just unsure as am i how the vehicle documents work?? He suggested mailing them to me??
1978 Plymouth Fury,4-door sedan B-body,400 cu in (6.6L) Big-Block 4 barrel V8 'High Performance'

MMA / 911
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Can the shipping company not advise on this ??? :thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Mossy68 wrote:Can the shipping company not advise on this ??? :thumbright:
:iagree:

I would go as far as to choose who i was gonna use and build up a relationship with them before choosing a car. If using a respected, long standing shipper you should have a contact person.

With this in place it should help to also reassure the seller.

The shipper would be the best to advise on this as i'm sure its been done by them many times before, they may even have a process in place to help with documents.........It can't be that hard or you'd never get a car outta the states........ :thumbright:

Good luck bidding Danny!
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Carl

Post by Carl »

You could find out if anyone is bringing something in and share a container and cost.
Petty Roadrunner 416 Stroker 4 Speed
*MMA-609*
"Built to be driven!"

Why me??? :banghead:
Blue

Post by Blue »

You will need the title in the sellers name and a bill of sale with the value on , the shipper will need these with the car or they will not accept it. Kingstown will find another car to put in the container to save you money. getting your bank to do a wire transfer is the easiset way to pay. This is where the trust comes in, the seller will have to give you thier account details so you can pay and trust you not to clear thier bank account instead. And you have to pay the money and trust the seller that there will be a car to collect when the shippers go to collect it. There is always an element of risk which is why it's best to set up a good relationship with the seller to decide if you trust them or not and vice versa.
Carl

Post by Carl »

If your spending thousands of your hard earnt, a few hundred more to go over and buy it is worth more than a whole lot of worry and a strangers word of trust.
Petty Roadrunner 416 Stroker 4 Speed
*MMA-609*
"Built to be driven!"

Why me??? :banghead:
danny_duke01

Post by danny_duke01 »

Dave81 wrote:
Mossy68 wrote:Can the shipping company not advise on this ??? :thumbright:
:iagree:

I would go as far as to choose who i was gonna use and build up a relationship with them before choosing a car. If using a respected, long standing shipper you should have a contact person.

With this in place it should help to also reassure the seller.

The shipper would be the best to advise on this as i'm sure its been done by them many times before, they may even have a process in place to help with documents.........It can't be that hard or you'd never get a car outta the states........ :thumbright:

Good luck bidding Danny!
Thanks for your advice guys!! :thumbright:

I rang the shipping company yesterday and they were actually a big help and advised me in what to do and how they work the vehicle title transfer.

Regarding the car i was going to bid on,i sadly got outbid yesterday afternoon,but the winning buyer had '0' feedback so may be a complete time waster or a scammer. I have since contacted the seller and said i'm still very interested in the car and if the buyer ends up being a time waster maybe we come to a deal on the car...so fingers crossed!! ;)

MMA / 911
scotty

car

Post by scotty »

Thinking about outing my c body soon, 69 fury more door.....318.....in sheriff's bronze.....if your on face book...look for Paul Scott....
bratfink

Post by bratfink »

Blue wrote:You will need the title in the sellers name and a bill of sale with the value on , the shipper will need these with the car or they will not accept it. Kingstown will find another car to put in the container to save you money. getting your bank to do a wire transfer is the easiset way to pay. This is where the trust comes in, the seller will have to give you thier account details so you can pay and trust you not to clear thier bank account instead. And you have to pay the money and trust the seller that there will be a car to collect when the shippers go to collect it. There is always an element of risk which is why it's best to set up a good relationship with the seller to decide if you trust them or not and vice versa.
Or you could find a responsible club member nearby in the US and get them to act as a go between, if they are willing and able to do so.