My Aussie Charger

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Never seen an X22 on a UK car.

F56 on all UK cars (although often not stamped on VH's)

That VIN decode won't work on UK cars, mostly because none of the UK cars had build dates stamped. Either way it's kinda a crap decoder, "6H=High end of price range!". Actually one figure denotes performance level and the other denotes trim fit.

Like I said send me the VIN and I can cross reference it to the source file I have. If it is a UK car that is.
aussie pete

Post by aussie pete »

The guy that i contacted was P H J Whyman, secretary of Federation of British Historic Vehicle clubs ( the president is Lord Montagu of Beaulieu).He checked records held by the Chysler Owners Club of Queensland Inc.
He also verified the date of manufacture of my other Aussie Charger in 2004
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Fair enough,

But not many people hold those details and it seems to me at some time he would have to have gone through Andrew Clarke. He is the man who sourced me the original lists for the E906 shipment cars (UK). Not even Chrysler UK or (Talbot as it became) seemed to have records of this, and the DVLA certainly have no idea of any of their build dates.

I would still like the VIN details for both your cars so I can add them to the MMA data base I am updating right now.

Now if you have a non-UK car then that would make more sense.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bratfink wrote: I would still like the VIN details for both your cars so I can add them to the MMA data base I am updating right now.
ermmmm WHO is updating? :P
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Quiet Wench! :wack:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bratfink wrote:Quiet Wench! :wack:
NO :twisted:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I fink you're in trouble Braters.

:shock: :shock:
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

1/4 lights or not was not dependant on model vh vJ etc it was an option thing.

however 1/4 light cars tended to have window glass desighed to have a metal strip up the back of it which only works with certain rear window combinations

i.e framed pop out rears or fixed rears

if your front glass has no trim strip then its for the later framless pop out side windows that have the metal trim acting as a hinge on their front edge.

think the in door runners for the glass were different for the trim door windows and the trimless door windows.

however from your pick it looks like you have a good match of door glass and rear window

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

August, 1974 was when Australia went metric.

XB Falcons, from Sept, 1973, had dual scale speedos. But after August, 1974 they were metric only. The oil pressure gauges went metric as well.

Four door XA and XB Falcons could get front quarterlight windows as well as an option. Known as the smoker's option.
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

HEy Dave, the VJ is coming along great mate! I'm well impressed with your skill's and determination! Sorry about the doors not being quite right. I was told before I bought them that they covered all the Charger range. :oops:

So how did you paint the Charger? Rattle can or do you have a gun?
I'm here because Im not all there!!

Save the tree's.........Burn Rubber!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I've got the VW Harlequin badges on order from VAG, Dave :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:thumbright: :D