The Project (Old race cars never die)

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

Or you could always go with an Accumulator....it allows pre oiling and precious saving supply if you lose pressure on a run.

No need to pull Dizzys and mess around, street or track
Last edited by AllKiller on Mon Feb 02, 09 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALL KILLER NO FILLER
Nostalgia, its not what it used to be.

Carbon footprint of a Saturn V
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I knew you'd mention that Steve ;) , all well & good if you can get it in , me , i ain't got the room for a hamster.

:thumbright:
Pete

Post by Pete »

I think some of the tech in various threads is getting so good that we should consider breaking down the Tech areas into greater detail - for example - "Oiling", "Cam selection" , etc - what do you think?
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

Brutus wrote:I knew you'd mention that Steve ;) , all well & good if you can get it in , me , i ain't got the room for a hamster.

You dont want Hammond in the Pit Adam :lol:
ALL KILLER NO FILLER
Nostalgia, its not what it used to be.

Carbon footprint of a Saturn V
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Pete wrote:I think some of the tech in various threads is getting so good that we should consider breaking down the Tech areas into greater detail - for example - "Oiling", "Cam selection" , etc - what do you think?
Hey Pete , you are one of the commitee persons/mods ;)

Guy

Post by Guy »

Pete wrote:I think some of the tech in various threads is getting so good that we should consider breaking down the Tech areas into greater detail - for example - "Oiling", "Cam selection" , etc - what do you think?
Great idea Pete :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

pete walton wrote:
GTXJim wrote:Looking good, when do you think you'll have it home and bolted up ready for firing? And where did you get your alternator bracket from, nice bit of kit me Brother needs something like that :thumbright:

Not long Jim,few odds and ends to sort .Might be chopping the k frame up ,so a slight delay maybe.Bracket is Mancinis ,slight bit of machining needed on it to make the timing mark fit.Headers were a nightmare.TTI do not do a set for a bod with sr650s unless you have a non standard frount end i.e no torsion bars. Hedman do a set for sr650s a bod but they were fenderwalls ,which i wanted to avoid.Custom built set to much dosh..
After a consultation with Blue it was decided to go with the Hedmans ,but not the ceramic coated ones, so if we needed to cut them no problem.
Well they did not go on without a fight,the master cylinder had to go over another inch ,,thats AFTER we had moved it on a adapter plate. With a bit of fettling i have got that old school fenderwell look but without the baggage.
Good stuff Pete & Blue.

I hate headers , it's a breath of fresh air working on the motors without headers being inthe way , although i may eat me words.
SteveCase

Post by SteveCase »

Looking good! :thumbright:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Crikey Pete!

Now that looks like a barrow load of fun and it should be quite nippy!

Thanks for posting the pics mate, building two cars at once I need all the inspiration I can get!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

i hope that gets some tubes from the firewall to the front leg,s, :shock:
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Cannonball wrote:i hope that gets some tubes from the firewall to the front leg,s, :shock:

I was thinking the same,
Motor looks purty :thumbright:

Very difficult to drive conservatively with 700hp under your right foot, couple of temporary bars shouldn't hit the funds too hard Pete.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Hi Pete,
To be honest, I hadn't even taken into consideration fender wall headers, but understand what your saying.

I know long term, if you keep the car, you intend to upgrade the front end.
But I personally would look at a temporary method to support the front end.
I appreciate that it may not turn out to be the prettiest fabrication, but as it would be temporary, I wouldn't be that concerned.

You could consider a double front rail support, such as an 'A' type Support which went from the front rail & straddled the shock tower, then go from the the 'A'support to the bulkhead.

Not knocking your car by any means & sorry if I have come across/sounded like that, was just thinking of your safety.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."