MCK's Challenger engine is ready...

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

MetalChuckKey

Post by MetalChuckKey »

Re the above, new lowering blocks have arrived, and a new ali rad. Should be done very soon. Chance to improve the welding :roll:
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Pete wrote:All I know is that a 1970 Challenger has a 1 year only unique Pitman arm, what's that all about???
1970-72 I think Pete. They changed to a larger diameter shaft from 1973.
MetalChuckKey

Post by MetalChuckKey »

It's almost ready to take home and finish!

took it for a short drive too, feels really powerful but of course i have to take it easy with the new motor. Feels great to be behind the wheel again!
Philth

Post by Philth »

Nicely done, sir! 8-) :thumbright:

What wheel/tyre combo have you got? Also, there's a whopping amount of clearance between the wheel/tyre to the sping - have the springs been 'in-boarded'? Don't forget - those new spings will eventually settle down lower.

Mine's not at factory height at the back but I think it looks OK with the 275/60-15's out back, and evens out nicely with 235/60-15's & the right amount of torsion bar adjustment on the front. I would like to have it lower, but I think I'd get a bit of rubbage.

Dave - pitmans with larger holes were for 72-74 Challys. Well, that's what the box said on it when I had to order in a special one for my manual steering...

However, I stand to be corrected (said a man, once, in ortheopaedic shoes).... :roll:
1973 Dodge Challenger
MMA 616
MetalChuckKey

Post by MetalChuckKey »

Philth wrote:What wheel/tyre combo have you got? Also, there's a whopping amount of clearance between the wheel/tyre to the sping - have the springs been 'in-boarded'?
Thanks! I've got exactly the same tyres as you and probably the same wheel dimensions too. My wheels sit further inboard 2.5in on each side than yours because of the A-body rear axle. Indeed, the springs are inboard by about 5in on either side, both to fit the original huge wheels (which are for sale!), and also for necessity to mount the axle.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

that looks completly diffrent mate well done
MetalChuckKey

Post by MetalChuckKey »

Just had a chance to take a few pics following the first outing on Sunday. The car behaved well until 10 mins after parking her up when she decided to puke water all over the barn floor. New top hose needed :thumbright:

I went down tonight and filled the rad back up with antifreeze, took these photos at the same time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Rogue Trooper

Post by Rogue Trooper »

8-) thanks for the spin Sunday, definitely got some horse's in there :thumbright:
Daytime shots with the new wheels is a must ;)
1970 Charger 500
1934 Coupe
1954 F100
1972 Norton Commando Fastback

Your Mum Says Hi.

Mopar a God amongst insects.

Rule in Hell or be a Slave in Heaven.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

come on steve get some proper pics up :thumbright:
MetalChuckKey

Post by MetalChuckKey »

strokerblue72 wrote:come on steve get some proper pics up :thumbright:
But I'll have to clean it!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

lol ive got some nice polishing pads and megs polish
GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

Looking good Steve, I'll see you Saturday :thumbright: and can we have some daytime piccy's please.
Petrol is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, Nitro is for racing!!!

Hell Yeah!! I'm a Redneck
steveo

Post by steveo »

hi MCK Steve :thumbright:
was having a lookie through some old pictures ... found this one of yours !! .... guy who owned it then .... only lived 2 miles away ....it was painted banana yellow with R/T stripes , when he first got it !! bought in or near west drayton !! from memory... picture taken at hickstead 1990 not long after he done some body work & a repaint ....