Phill440's 440

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

glad Hauser could save the block...............

as all engines do, you always get moisture between the paint and the block, hence why you get lil bits of paint flake of here and there, only problem with the powder coating is that it tends to come off in sheets almost, a real good prep with the block and some decent paint will be suffice.

as said save the Penny's

good to see some progress mate :thumbright:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

When this is done Phill, you'll have to give VBH another go around Rockingham - praps a re-match with Wendy now she's been stroked too ;)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks All, Pete n Rob!

I'll see about getting the engine painted instead then. I though that powder coating would be more resilient than paint, but if it's going to cause other grief I'll give it a miss. Maybe just get the inlet manifold and water pump housing powder coated bits like that :-k

Hope to have some nicer progress pics up soon, just waiting on the magic call from Mr Hauser to relive me of some ££££ 8-[ And it's not like the list is getting any smaller either........................................................
Rogue Trooper

Post by Rogue Trooper »

8-) Phil nice to see your making progress.
1970 Charger 500
1934 Coupe
1954 F100
1972 Norton Commando Fastback

Your Mum Says Hi.

Mopar a God amongst insects.

Rule in Hell or be a Slave in Heaven.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Finally picked up the block and associated goodies from Hausers last week and got them over to Kiwi's ready for the rebuild.

Kiwi being as keen as ever had it part assembled before I knew what was happening :lol:

So here as promised are a few pics, since they were taken Kiwi's built the rest :shock: so now I have a short block ready for painting.

Head bolts are on order so cant totally finish the build just yet but thanks to Kiwi's enthusiasm I'm well ahead of schedule.

So, paint.....whats the best type to use? any recommendations??? Was thinking of doing the block Matt black...............................................

Only kidding, its going to be orange!!!! ;)

Ps Mods: should this thread now be in the workshop forum??
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

Nice goin, Kiwis not hanging about :thumbright:
ALL KILLER NO FILLER
Nostalgia, its not what it used to be.

Carbon footprint of a Saturn V
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

AllKiller wrote:Nice goin, Kiwis not hanging about :thumbright:
Your not wrong there Steve, he sent me this pic last night, he's a legend! :notworthy:
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

Phil, Its a lovely feelin that, cool new motor, good luck with it 8-) :thumbright:
ALL KILLER NO FILLER
Nostalgia, its not what it used to be.

Carbon footprint of a Saturn V
Rich

Post by Rich »

Its not fair that rods like that cannot be seen after assy :(
No way you can put them on the outside???????? :D :D

No,sorry.thinking about it,once they are in we dont want to see them again..
Lets not tempt fate eh????????????????Keep up the top work mate... :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

good ol kiwi its a good thing he loves doing what he does as he has my car back on his driveway soon :lol:

good luck with the build mate :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

AllKiller wrote:Phil, Its a lovely feelin that, cool new motor, good luck with it 8-) :thumbright:
Cheers Steve! It is good but nerve wracking at the same time

Its not fair that rods like that cannot be seen after assy
No way you can put them on the outside????????

No,sorry.thinking about it,once they are in we dont want to see them again..
Lets not tempt fate eh????????????????Keep up the top work mate...
Yeah tis a shame I agree, but I do now have a spare set of pistons to look at :roll: Thanks for the support Rich! :thumbright:
good ol kiwi its a good thing he loves doing what he does as he has my car back on his driveway soon

good luck with the build mate
Yeah he's top banana for sure!!!!
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

Nice to see the progress report Phil, that kiwi does go don't he :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

MilesnMiles wrote:Nice to see the progress report Phil, that kiwi does go don't he :thumbright:
Yeah he's a bit swift! Progress has been slow to begin with, but as soon as we had the parts Kiwi was on it!

Just need to get the block painted whilst we are waiting on head bolts. I'm going to try and get it sorted this weekend, but I'm still waiting on any recommendations / advice on paint............ ;)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It's getting very close now :D Got the paint sorted thanks to a good recommendation from Kiwi. Frost Auto Restoration Techniques were the boys to help, and supplied me with a tin of POR-15 Engine Enamel in Chevrolet Orange.

Shame the only Chrysler colour they do is the blue, but the Chevy Orange is close enough for me.

Here's a link for those who are interested http://www.frost.co.uk/

Rather than brush the paint on, I took the motor to work where one of the guys sprayed it all up for me. Plan is now to use the flatbed truck and get the General to work Friday night, then spend Saturday getting him all put back together up n running :twisted: