68 Charger. Engine swap. THE END.

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Actually. I think i might have my old bracket somewhere. I welded on some washers to space it out for a custom pulley I was using but I don't think I did anything that couldn't be undone.
morgan

Post by morgan »

Dave wrote:Forgot to say. Yours is the Federal type.
Now *that* is a useful piece of info. Thanks Dave.
Looking into brackets/pumps now (whichever is the easier really) - it seems I can either replace the pump unit or replace the brackets.

Feeling happier about it all today. I will get there.
Mick70RR

Post by Mick70RR »

It's a Federal pump but your brackets are for a Saginaw pump.

http://www.440source.com/powersteering.htm
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I will see if I can find my bracket tonight. I am sure I saw it when I was having a tidy up the other day.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Found it.

So this is the bracket to fit that pump you have to a 440.

But like I said it has been modified. I welded on two thick washer/spacers to move the bracket forward or something. Can't remember now but it was for a good reason at the time.

If you can use this let me know and you can have it for enough to cover postage.
morgan

Post by morgan »

Dave, thats a kind offer and worth a go....
PM awaits.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Those spacers will grind off OK. It looks as if I also slotted it to move the bolt holes out a bit. You will have to offer it up and see where the bolts want to be. Hopefully you won't need to weld it.
morgan

Post by morgan »

Another update. Just noticed the brand new TTis touch the steering link-bar. That is NOT what I expect. :(
grrrrr.....
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Morgan , turn the centre link 180* & all should be fine.

:thumbright:
morgan

Post by morgan »

Thanks Adam. Did wonder about that... Its back on how it came off, but 180 deg might do it.

PS - Dropped oil out as matter of course (getting closer to fire up). It was like new - golden and clear. Had it even been run on that ?? Was most impressed.

PPS - What the heck do you tighten oil filters with ??? Mein gott ! Almost had to punch a bar through it to get the damn thing off. 30 mins with a chain wrench ! All good now though :)
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Oil filters can be fun sometimes,the rubber seal seams to weld itself on. Don't really tighten oil filters,just screw on handtight + 3/4 turn tighter and check for leaks on startup. Always put some clean oil on the rubber sealing ring first and if possible fill the new filter with oil before fitting.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

latil wrote:Oil filters can be fun sometimes,the rubber seal seams to weld itself on. Don't really tighten oil filters,just screw on handtight + 3/4 turn tighter
You don't even want them as tight as that. The rubber seal does a good job. You just need it hand tight and not too much effort.
morgan

Post by morgan »

2 forward, one back...
Guess what ? Throttle mount brackets are different on a small block. Also aftermarket ones sit too high to be used with standard throttle cable. Now need to source a BB bracket... therefore sum total of tonights work is "put in one fuel pipe". Still - it all adds up I suppose.

I should be writing this down. "The 1,000 differences between a small block and a big block" :D (madness causes grinning)

Progress coming on though. Will post pics as soon as I can get onto the other computer (wife is on it)

Edit - couple of pics. Coming on... Think I'm missing Nats though.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Looking very nice indeed mate :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Morgan are you sure thats not and old photo af Adams engine bay :lol:
Nice work morgan after a few meetings and you will have a Mega block in there. 8-)
VBTW I have a chrome BB throtle braket if it helps :thumbright: