Coughed up for a Koffle

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

marc-jerryatric wrote:Like i say Ad we had the issue as did Andy Frost, and i've just got back from pub with my mate who works at EDA and he says you should never bump the motor backwards, especially not with a Jesel belt drive,
Hey Marc , did you ask him why the motor should'nt be spun back & what problems they had?

:thumbright:
Pete

Post by Pete »

If its like a 'tina, the belt goes slack and it skips a tooth or two....the difference between "drive" and "driven" tension....only rotate the motor in one direction - if you go too far its only another 358ish degrees to wind the motor....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Pete wrote:If its like a 'tina, the belt goes slack and it skips a tooth or two....the difference between "drive" and "driven" tension....only rotate the motor in one direction - if you go too far its only another 358ish degrees to wind the motor....
There is no belt tensioner on BBM Jesel. The bottom tooth pulley fits onto the crank. The top pulley pulls up onto a taper, which is what fixes the centres & pre sets belt tension.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Pete

Post by Pete »

Learn something every day.

Why the difference between forward and backward cranking if the set-up is symmetrical??
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Not saying some have'nt had issues with this , alli know is the cam degreed with no problems , the crank was turned back many times for the .050 figures , was checked , double checked & triple checked back & forth , was kind of hoping the above problem would rear it's head. :dontknow:

BTW , triple checkin was an understatement :roll: , figures were consistant every time.

Will check again when finally degreed @ retainer.

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 16, 09 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Pete wrote: its only another 358ish.
Hey Pete , better double that figure. ;)

:D
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Don't understand half of this, but it's very interesting reading! :atthemovies:

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

As there were a few questions on a Jesel, thought I would post a couple of pictures, as I just fitted new Top & Bottom seals

Jesel - Without Pulleys & belt - shows the camshaft pulley taper which determines belt tension & centres

Jesel - With Pulleys & belt fitted

Have used a home made Harmonic balancer remover for years, got the job done, but was always a bit of a struggle.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I bought one for $80. Boy if I had known how good they are. I would of bought one as soon as I saw them, best $80 I have spent in a long time. Highly recommend.
Last edited by mopar_mark on Wed Mar 25, 09 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Pete

Post by Pete »

interesting stuff. Is the taper both on crank and cam components - it's hard to tell from the pictures.

I have a balancer remover as well, but I find the installer the best bit of kit :thumbright: :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Pete wrote:interesting stuff. Is the taper both on crank and cam components - it's hard to tell from the pictures
Pete, taper is only on the top/camshaft pulley, the bottom pulley is parallel
Pete wrote:I find the installer the best bit of kit :thumbright: :thumbright:
Yes, I agree with you there, especially when having to fit the bottom pulley on the jesel, that was a right pain before.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Forgot about this thread. :roll:

Anyhows , thanks for the forwarning regards the B1 heads Dunc , if all the B1s are machined in the same mannor then i can see where the potential oiling problems lie....................... all sorted.

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 25, 09 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

mopar_mark wrote:
Yes, I agree with you there, especially when having to fit the bottom pulley on the jesel, that was a right pain before.
10lb of nitrous over the snout does the trick too. :D :D

You got a new puller Mark?

Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

mopar_mark wrote:As there were a few questions on a Jesel, thought I would post a couple of pictures, as I just fitted new Top & Bottom seals

Jesel - Without Pulleys & belt - shows the camshaft pulley taper which determines belt tension & centres

Jesel - With Pulleys & belt fitted

Have used a home made Harmonic balancer remover for years, got the job done, but was always a bit of a struggle.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I bought one for $80. Boy if I had known how good they are. I would of bought one as soon as I saw them, best $80 I have spent in a long time. Highly recommend.
you got enough ponjo round that cover mark, :shock: :D
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

I knew someone was going to comment :D :D

Yeah, plenty on there, meant to wipe the excess of with me finger, but got side tracked & forgot to do it :roll: Left it to late & it had already started to set.

Could of trimmed it with a knife, but then can get iffy messing around, so let it be ;)

Might look a bit ugly, but at least I know it wont be leaking from there :D

Was only a small oil leak, but the mess was bleedin unbeleiveable. Oil was getting onto the blower belt, trapped between the belt & pulley & emulsifying & slinging sh te everywhere. Took about 6 hours to get it all clean again :P
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Brutus wrote:You got a new puller Mark? :thumbright:
Yeah, mate. Your more than welcome to borrow it, when you need it. It's like Chalk & Cheese, can't understand why I never got one sooner.

That old adage about the right tools for the job, couldn't be more truer in this case.

Mind you, if I knew I was gonna get a surprise bonus this week, I would of sent it back to Canada & said fix that :lol: