Jungle Jem's winter refit.

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Cracking looking car Jem. I have to say, its very close to knocking Blues car off my #1 spot of favorite race cars out there.

The nostalgia route is the way I would go if I had the knackers and cash to do it.

Well done mate. Hope to see that at Chelsea some time????? :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:stummin:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Blimey, Jem; you have changed your tune.

All it took was one run at Shakey.

The car is looking great :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Rich

Post by Rich »

Jem wrote:. The show 'n' shine thing was great, but hey, it sure don't beat the thrill of bangin' on down a drag strip - it just doesn't compare!!

Rock on!!
Bloody hell Jem,you having a 2nd lease of life or what??Next thing we know you will be staying up till midnight and camping within shouting distance of other humans instead of cows n sheep... :thumbright:
Kev

Post by Kev »

I still remember meeting him at the end of the return road after his first run. Eyes as big as a coke addict, hands shaking like he had alzheimers....Well Jem? "Man, what a gig!" (He even had the retro talk!!)
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

RichDeb wrote:Bloody hell Jem,you having a 2nd lease of life or what??Next thing we know you will be staying up till midnight and camping within shouting distance of other humans instead of cows n sheep... :thumbright:
:laughing3:

Looking suoer cool. :rr: Can't believe I'm going to miss the first couple of meetings, but SO looking forward to seeing all these winter projects at the strip this year. :thumbright: 8-)
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
BUDGIE

Post by BUDGIE »

Ratty couldn't have gone to a better'a home ;) .......well done the pair of ya, can't wait to see n' here her perform now :thumbright:

PS Get them heads fitted to me motor will ya please Blue :help: ;)
Jem

Post by Jem »

[quote="Clivey"]Cracking looking car Jem. I have to say, its very close to knocking Blues car off my #1 spot of favorite race cars out there.

Ahh cheers Clivey - that means a lot mate!
"Nah!"
Blue

Post by Blue »

More fun with "bolt on" components today. The nice Milodon braided dipstick tube doesn't clear the motor mount :roll: Remove mount, grind and weld to taste, refit, a 5 minute job turns into an hour and a half...
The new front wheels don't go over the hub, the wheel centre bore is too small. Tyres are already mounted so I don't really want to take 'em off again. There is plenty of meat on the hubs, so remove rotors to get them machined down a knat's.....
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
the bishop

Post by the bishop »

Blue wrote:The new front wheels don't go over the hub, the wheel centre bore is too small. Tyres are already mounted so I don't really want to take 'em off again. There is plenty of meat on the hubs, so remove rotors to get them machined down a knat's.....
If they are alloy wheels you can use a router to remove some material from the wheel centre :thumbright:
Blue

Post by Blue »

Well that's a new one on me Bish, what's the procedure?
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
the bishop

Post by the bishop »

:thumbright: :thumbright:
the bishop

Post by the bishop »

The wheel had a lip for the router to follow but you should be able to rig a guide up with a bit of ingenuity ;)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Great job lads, looks the dags nads! :thumbright: