Are they 13" wheels with 100 series tyres? :? :lol:

Looks great tho 8-) Not seen one in silver before :shock:
Charger

Post by Charger »

that is gorgeous!! :thumbright:
Si
1970 Charger 500
383 | 4bbl | 727 column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

1970 Dodge Charger Registry - https://www.1970chargerregistry.com/
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Loving that. :thumbright:
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

STUNNING CAR!

What are those little ,what look like fasteners right above the leading edge of the front nose,for lights? :scratch:
BUDGIE

Post by BUDGIE »

She's missing her front bumper Drew ............ ;)
Rich

Post by Rich »

well i like it !!!!!!!!!! 8-) 8-)
bazbiker

Post by bazbiker »

Mmm nice :thumbright:
1974 Chrysler Valiant VJ Charger
1970 Dodge Charger
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

SIR BUDGIE OBE wrote:She's missing her front bumper Drew ............ ;)
AHH I see :thumbright:
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I keep coming back to look at this thread. I just love the lines of this car. Not keen on the interior. But the exterior more than makes up for it. I would love to see this in the flesh.
BUDGIE

Post by BUDGIE »

Here you go Dave, a brief history lesson ;)

Renzo Rivolta hired ex-Ferrari engineer Giotto Bizzarrini to help him create his line of automobiles. After introducing the Iso Rivolta, Bizzarrini wanted to make a sports car. With the help of designer Guirgetto Guigairo, came the Iso Grifo. The Grifo was quite a success, but Piero Rivolta, now running the company due to death of his father, wanted something a little special. He decided to upgrade the look of the Grifo with the elongated nose with hidden headlights, but he still felt he needed something for his best customers. The Grifo Targa was just the answer. Iso only built four long-nosed Targas, obviously a very rare part of Iso history.

Renzo Rivolta built Isothermos refrigerators in Italy before the Second World War. The name 'Iso' was named after those refrigerators. When war ceased, Rivolta began automobile production. He began with scooters, expanding to the Isetta bubble cars, which were later licensed to BMW, and finally to proper grand touring cars. The Iso Rivolta carried Bertone styling with a coupe configuration that housed four passengers. They appeared in 1962 with the sportier two-seat Grifo following a year later and going on sale in 1965.

The Grifo was powered by a Chevrolet small-block V8 engine and gearbox from the Corvette. The chassis was designed by the Ferrari 250 GTO designer Giotto Bizzarrini. The overall height was a mere 48 inches; the front had aggressive quad-headlights and mounted on all four corners were alloy wheels. It was a very sophisticated and lightweight car that had a base price twice the amount of a Corvette.

The chassis was tubular and there were four-wheel disc brakes. The 327 cubic-inch V8 engine promised 300 to 335 horsepower and top speed was in excess of 165 miles per hour. Only 471 examples of the Grifo were produced during its production lifespan which lasted until 1974.

This 1970 Iso Grifo Coupe has never been cosmetically restored. It is painted in yellow and has 'knock-off' alloy wheels and Michelin performance radial tires. The interior is black upholstery accented by smart houndstooth inserts on the seats and the center console. There is full instrumentation, an AM/FM stereo receiver, air conditioning, wood-rimmed steering wheel, racing-style seat belts, and power windows.

In 2008, this car was brought to the 2nd Annual Vintage Motor Cars of Hershey presented by RM Auctions where it was estimated to sell for $100,000-$125,000. Though the vehicle carried a reserve, it was lifted even though bidding did not reach the estimated value. The lot was sold for $85,250 including buyer's premium.
By Daniel Vaughan | Oct 2008In 1962, the Milan car manufacturer ISO introduced its second model, the Grifo. The first was the Rivolta. Giorgio Giugiaro of Bertone designed the body and Giotto Bizzarrini, creator of the Ferrari GTO, engineered it. The Grifo was powered by a Chevrolet 5.3 liter V8 and sat atop a shortened Rivolta platform. The engine was placed in the front and drove the rear transaxle. The Borg-Warner T4 4-speed manual gearbox lacked overdrive, a problem that would cause it problems in future endurance racing. At speeds, the driver had to back off the accelerator pedal to help preserve the life of the engine. With over 400 horsepower from the GM small-block and a weighing less than 2200 pounds, the vehicle was able to achieve 190 miles-per-hour.
The Grifo was sportier than its predecessor and was available in two version, luxury and sport. The luxurious Grifo was dubbed the A3/L while the sportier version received the title A3/C. Iso produced the Grifo A3/L while Bizzarrini developed the A3/C.

In 1964 it was entered in the 12 Hours of Sebring as well as the grueling and fiercely competitive 24 Hours of Le Mans race. During its racing career it would capture a fourth overall but first in class victory at Le Mans.

During the production lifespan of the Grifo, around 22 versions of the A3/C were constructed. Due to disagreements, Bizzarrini and Rivolta parted ways in 1965. A deal was struck where Bizzarrini could still produce the Grifo A3/C cars but was unable to use the name. The new name was the Bizzarrini 5300 GT and American GT.

In 1968, a 6998 cc V8 engine became available and was later modified to 7443 cc.
BUDGIE

Post by BUDGIE »

:thumbright:
Attachments
67 Bizzi.jpg
67 Bizzi.jpg (103.24 KiB) Viewed 635 times
67 Bizi 4.jpg
67 Bizi 4.jpg (105.59 KiB) Viewed 635 times
67 Bizzi 6.jpg
67 Bizzi 6.jpg (69.31 KiB) Viewed 635 times
67 Bizzi int.jpg
67 Bizzi int.jpg (100.07 KiB) Viewed 635 times
Jon Connolly

Post by Jon Connolly »

When`s it get here Budge ??
9.844 @ 134.04 ... Smallblock Valiant + NOS

10.169 @ 130.17 ... Smallblock Dodge Ram pick up truck - motor only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvwC1fd0 ... 8Z96U8t0LQ
BUDGIE

Post by BUDGIE »

Your havin a Steffy Grarff in't ya Jon boy :lol: .........I Bananarama! wish ;)

It belongs to me pal who I buy a few from, he's only askin $450k ( A tad on the strong side me thinks :lol: )

To think I owned a Griff, owed me £3 clap back in the 80's :cry: