Dont be shy - what you up to?

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

In the process of a meticulous rebuild, when I was hoping to get away with just rings bearings and gaskets, ended up with bore, hone and decked block and heads needed welding and skimmed, new pistons needed notching then a rebalance of the whole rotating assembly, block had every thread chased and then was cleaned to within an inch of it's life, heads and pistons were cc'd to check compression, rings file fitted, it's all assembled and sitting on engine stand, waiting for the engine bay to be prepped and painted :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Petrol is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, Nitro is for racing!!!

Hell Yeah!! I'm a Redneck
Mick

Post by Mick »

Guy wrote:Well I have been recovering at home after yet another operation, unable to walk for at least two weeks, not been near the garage for months now as I was really struggling to walk before the op and was only able to do two days at work out of six so I used up a load of this years holiday already :roll: Hopefully this is the last one and I can get on with my life and get back to work on the Dart..
Sorry to hear this Guy, hope you have a speedy recovery and will look out for you at shakey if you make it down.
Mick :thumbright:
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Loads going on up here. Have a Mazda 6 that needs a fifth gear synchromesh, my Alfa needs the water pump replacing, Land Rover needs wiring sorted, FTO needs god knows what and the Charger needs fine tuning. Then theres the house to sort out and the garden, ready to sell, in all of this I'm trying to write a business plan so I can get out of the god awful place that gives me the money to do all the above.
'68 Dodge Charger
‘75 Ford Ranchero
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

YouTube - Double Zero Garage
Rich

Post by Rich »

I am currently wire brushing and chassis blacking my floor & chassis,daylight permitting. Trouble is each rail is 36 foot long,, :roll:
keeps me out of trouble i guess while I have no chance of a decent car (or even half decent) :( combination of being shat on by my ex and at work :evil: )
I still love this board and love to see what people are up to,but im afraid i cant bring anything to this topic at the moment :cry: :cry:

But dont let that stop all you lot posting... :thumbright:
Rich

Post by Rich »

[quote="Rebel"]Loads going on up here. Have a Mazda 6 that needs a fifth gear synchromesh, my Alfa needs the water pump replacing, Land Rover needs wiring sorted, FTO needs god knows what and the Charger needs fine tuning.

Troopers OK then ?????? :D :D :D
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Rich wrote:
Rebel wrote: Troopers OK then ?????? :D :D :D
Gone to a new owner Rich, went last night.
'68 Dodge Charger
‘75 Ford Ranchero
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

YouTube - Double Zero Garage
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

First Baby stopped play for me. I havent had the car uncovered since November.

Aiming to get it out of the garage in two weeks time to try and get it started and find the source of my Transmission leak.

All original plans to start my Dart project have been put back until at least Autumn/Winter this year.

I intend to get the car moving under its own steam and to the NATS this year.

To be perfectly honest though, i have trust issues with the car and going too far from home. Getting to the Pod and back maybe a step too far for this year.....

Still loving it! Just time, space and money in that order slowing me down!

Enjoying Mopar life and other people's projects.......... :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

This will cause a laugh or TWO!!! :D

Gonna put the Charger 500 up on the Rotisserie next month and make a start L0L!!! :thumbright:

Bacca. :shock:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Make sure you post your progress on here Bacca 8-)

Ready for the Nats?

(just dont say which year)

:lol:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Twins,

If I get the underneath done I will bring it anyways, in bare metal if I have to!

Got a bet on with P500, who's gonna get to the Nats first???
He has had an eight year start on me already, BUT, he wants perfection, I just wanna burn RUBBER on the banked curves of the POD(driftin)!!! :D

bac
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I was fitting new sway bars to the Corvette and stripping/cleaning the brake calipers because they were sticking a bit due to corrosion.

I managed to damage one of the special sway bar end links and strip the thread for the flexy hose banjo on one rear caliper. :roll:

Also managed to let the master cylinder run dry at one point.

So I have tripled my work load without even trying. :lol:

Car should have been ready to roll two weeks ago.
sinny

Post by sinny »

Great to read about what people are working on. I don't get to many shows so haven't seen many members cars so cone on guy's don't be shy get some photos up!

My GTX build is in the workshop section but here are 2 projects that my Dad is working on:

'69 Daimler just back from paint:

1970 Cortina 1600E:

Shaun 'Moparless' Senior
MMA Club Chairman
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

whats the sp on the cortina sinny ???????
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Well it's not a Mopar, but all the parts come in Mopar boxes...I've built my own mainshaft and a full synchro overdrive gearbox for Rosie's Alpine...

Special home built mainshaft...

and the completed box...I hope it works!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
sinny

Post by sinny »

Cannonball wrote:whats the sp on the cortina sinny ???????
He's only had it a couple of months, but has completely rebuilt the engine with new cam. Someone had fitted the wrong gearbox (from a gt I think) & had cut the tunnel as the gear stick sat further forward :shock:
But he's found & installed the correct type now.

It's being kept stock but will have a new paint job & retain the vinyal roof. Should be pretty cool when done. :thumbright:
Shaun 'Moparless' Senior
MMA Club Chairman