Dont be shy - what you up to?

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

That looks ace Mark, best thing in the world is a good den, er, workshop ;) :thumbright:
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
autofetish

Post by autofetish »

Nice man cave :thumbright:
The closer you are to death the more alive you are
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Bit more progress

At least only one more Gable End to go, Bananarama!, there bloody heavy
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

I put a stereo in the Chally but it sounds as weak as Bananarama!, good job I never paid for it........ ;)
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
sublimemike
Location: oxford - the dreaming spires where cars in the city are banned

Post by sublimemike »

Jeez - well done - that's flown up. Don't forget to put yer heaters in before yer fill it up with all your stuff - not like me that spent half a day getting everything out so I could put in a wiring ring in :roll:
if you think speed kills don't get on a plane
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

what size is that mark
30x20................
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

sublimemike wrote:Jeez - well done - that's flown up. Don't forget to put yer heaters in before yer fill it up with all your stuff - not like me that spent half a day getting everything out so I could put in a wiring ring in :roll:
Mike,
It will be a while before I can move stuff over, I've got stuff scattered all over the place, in the old garage, in 2 sheds, summer house....

I still have got to run 60metres of 16m2 Armoured cable from the house down to the garage. Like you, I will run ring main round the garage, will then insulate walls & clad with ply or similar.

Cannonball wrote:what size is that mark
30x20................
Dunc,
Your pretty close, Its based on metric panels, size is 10.8m x 7.2m, which converts to 33' x 23'6".

I will lose the other double garage, which is to the right. As I want more room to tun cars around, easier for parking.

I will see how things go, but may build a lean to off the side of the garage, for things like compressor, storing logs, plus a bit of car coverage.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
ANTON

Post by ANTON »

When I ran electricity to my garage I had to run 100 metres of armoured cable in one day as that was all the time I had. Mark for the internal cladding mark I would use M.D.F as will cost alot less and will be easier to paint and it will add to your insulation properties. Ply is really expensive and is over kill for the inside of a garage, if it was outside then it is the perfect material.

Mark if you need a electrician to site off the wiring then give me call as I know someone who can help.
mas

Post by mas »

it would have to be a moisture resistant mdf but i would use a nice marine ply, 12mm :thumbright:
ANTON

Post by ANTON »

Plain M.D.F us fine as long as does have direct contact with alot water and I'm hoping mark is building a water tight garage.
mas

Post by mas »

the slightest amount of moisture will affect plain mdf unless its treated/primed and painted before fitting.i've seen it to many times where people use it in the wrong areas and it expands almost double its size. me personaly would use marine ply, nice and solid :thumbright:

P.S. gonna be a nice workshop
sublimemike
Location: oxford - the dreaming spires where cars in the city are banned

Post by sublimemike »

You can get away with 10mm ply at about £18 per sheet but 12mm is a pucker job. Important think is not to overstuff it with insulation or you can end up with condensation. Allow for some air movement. Have you thought about a couple of Velux Mark? Nicer to have a bit of natural light but its a balance against cost. In terms of heat i have put a couple of 3kw panel heaters with timers - could have done with 3 maybe - then there is solar depending on which way your garage faces.
if you think speed kills don't get on a plane
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Finally got the roof on & sealed up tonight. I never knew it was going to be this much work when I started, that & not being used to manual 'humping' all day long. I would of been stuffed without help from Jerry :thumbright:

So only a few small jobs on the outside to do, fit the doors. then onto the inside.

These turned up yesterday, makes the hard graft & money saved by putting up the garage, seem a bit more worth it :)

Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

Workshop looks well impressive, I'll cut and thread all your compressor air lines if you want when you get closer to the time :thumbright:
Still got a ceiling hung gas heater here somewhere too...........as for the rims, Bananarama! awesome mate, black and machined look the biz =P~
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Since buying Blues Dart I have been out a couple of times just enjoying the car and attention it gets were ever we take it so the last couple of weeks have gone over it and spanner checked everything trying to get familier with the car and taken the oil pump off for a slight bit of machine work hopefully get the car back on the ground and fired up this weekend ready for Garys Picnic.