James' Challenger T/A

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

MattH

Post by MattH »

Absolutely top car, well done James, right decision to become custodian. And I can say that as one of the few that has had the honour of going in this car.
It is just so right , I will have to put up with the 1;18 version.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
charger01

Post by charger01 »

That car is stunning James :wav: ,but who has the Charger ?Is it still in this country :?:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

wow! well done commander, bet this one draws the crowds at the nats, and so it should, see you there, all the best with your new chally, bye for now trev
Derek

Post by Derek »

You lucky burgger
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

You take a good picture too, love the car. Stay with the "Hetro " set-up though.
ALL KILLER NO FILLER
Nostalgia, its not what it used to be.

Carbon footprint of a Saturn V
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks people, actually I think its the Chally that takes the good picture - everytime I walk up to it I cant resist a quick click! :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi James,

What a car !!!! I can see why you were sooooooooo excited now !!! cant wait to see it - you going to bring it to the hoe down i hope??!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Woweeeeeee wat a absolute stunner of a car, i hope you pat it on the roof on a night time and kiss it just b4 u go to bed.
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

Good to meet you over the weekend C.P. love your car, hope you had a good time, I did.
ALL KILLER NO FILLER

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks guys,
Nice meeting you Steve, and your posey, you must have been knackered after cleaning the Pajeros guts of the side of your Cuda! That is an awesome looking car and I hope you got some good times in.
I was well pleased with the event, doubly so after getting a 14.4!
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

C.P
Slept like a baby saturday night, 14.4 is very respectful for your car, I was guessing low 14s.
U.S cars magazine got 14.3 on a new T/A in '70, so give your car a clean bill of health, Nice one
ALL KILLER NO FILLER

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Just a quick update, Ive had theT/A for about six weeks now and still absolutley lovin it. In that time Ive driven it, and driven it somemore!
Done some little jobs - more routine really, new high torque starter, made up and fitted new MSD leads (thanks Wil :thumbright: ), reconditioned the engine and dash wiring looms, rebuilt the heater box and just replaced header gasket.
The MSD leads seemed to have eliminated a little miss at 5000rpm (thanks for suggestion Alex)
The fan motor had gone in the heater box so as I was replacing it I thought I would rebuild the rest of the unit, works a treat. Surprised there is no water control valve, heat is purely governed by a door directing air through permanently hot matrix or just behind it. The matrix was in perfect order but alot of crud came out of it when I flushed and reverse flushed for about half an hour.
Removed rocker covers aswel as I had never seen a pic of T/A heads!
Done a bit of polishing and cleaning (which I hate!) and interior has come up a treat.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 31, 05 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Went to a show today on the base where I work, it rained and we had thunder and lightning, typical. The Americans loved the car, though one reckoned I had spoilt it by adding a hood scoop and side exhausts! I blamed it on the first owner (Dodge)!
BUDGIE

Post by BUDGIE »

Man thats nice, first time iv'e bin jelous in yonks [-(
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Can't get enough of it James, keep postin' pics!