My new Mopar

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Adam

My new Mopar

Post by Adam »

After 12 years of faithful service, my old 4 litre XJ Cherokee failed its MOT last year with a crusty bottom, so I sold it to an off-roading buddy.

It's taken me a while, but I finally found a black JK Wrangler Unlimited that matched my spec, and I'm tickled to bits with it. It has the 2.8 CRD with 6 speed box. 339 lb ft of torque, and 35 mpg on a run.

I've only had it 2 weeks, but I've already fitted Rubicon wheels with 33" tyres, Sahara side steps and a Kenwood SatNav/Media/Phone unit. Got it just in time too.

The spooky thing is that it was only after I'd bought it that I realised it's the same Jeep that I test drove, and almost bought, in May 2009, when it was new. Damn thing found me!

Apologies to those who've already seen this pic on Arsebook.
Attachments
P1050866 960.jpg
P1050866 960.jpg (198.86 KiB) Viewed 5727 times
Steve

Post by Steve »

Very nice Adam and spooky that you test drove this car! Whats the chances of that eh!! :shock: enjoy the snow mate

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

Nice adam ..I like the New sort of Military functional look on these Bit like a Mini Hummer
Are they the bigger tyres in the picture ?
ALL KILLER NO FILLER
Nostalgia, its not what it used to be.

Carbon footprint of a Saturn V
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks chaps :)

Yes, the pic shows the Rubicon wheels and tyres, an ebay bargain. It came with 16" alloys and 30" tyres, but they looked lost in those arches. Only problem was that the taller tyres made it harder to get in for a shortarse like me, so I had to fit the side steps. Or, as I prefer to call them, "rock rails" :D
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Great looking Jeep Adam. 8-)

What is the interior like on the later Wranglers? Got any pics?
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

smashin

saw this and thought one of my favorite cars in the club was of to........well europe

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks chaps.

Dave81: Carolyn describes the interior as "like driving in a toolbox". The later (2011 on) models are much plusher, heated leather seats etc., but that's not what it's about, in my opinion. I want to be able to remove the drain plugs and hose out the interior. I'll take a pic.

The 2011-on models are aimed at a different market. They have softer suspension, and taller gearing, to get under the top tax bracket. Again, Carolyn's descriptive powers were spot on "like driving a space hopper". The pre-2010 manual models have steeper (3.73:1) gearing (useful when you put bigger tyres on), and the Sport models have stiffer suspension. This one rides like a buckboard, just like all Jeeps should.

Dave999: Worry not, the Cornet is still in the garage :D
Philb

Post by Philb »

Cool wheels Adam 8-) Ideal for the weather at the moment. Lisa needs something like this to get to work, not ideal driving conditions for her car............maybe i can convince her :-k
If i look confused...........i probably am.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Diana is keen to get a Jeep again when it comes time to change the Alpha.

But I love the way the Alpha drives and for the two weeks a year we get snow I really cannot justify it.

Having said that. I really REALLY could have done with a Jeep this morning. Bit of a struggle getting back into my drive when I got home too... :roll:
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

"SPOOKY"

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

R.RUNNER wrote:"SPOOKY"

:P :P :P

I MEAN................BUYING A "JEEP" :? :? :?
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

I think they look great Adam, I really hope the build quality has improved since the Mercedes days, my WJ isn't anywhere near as well built as my old ZJ. I'd be interested to hear how you get on.
Martin Walker
Adam

Post by Adam »

Yes Martin, I've heard that WJs can have issues. Both of my XJs were very reliable. Hopefully there's not much to go wrong on this one. It has central locking and electric windows... and that's it.
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Nice looking Jeep Adam.
I'm not to up on these. So is it rhd ?
Gary :thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Adam

Post by Adam »

Yes Gary, RHD. Currently the best selling Chrysler product in the States, even outselling the Ram, but not many of them about over here. They only imported 200 last year.