1968 605ci HEMI CUDA

Moderator: Moderators

Mick

Post by Mick »

They often feel quicker on the road, than the track. A 383 Duster i had felt mental when i took it down the street, it ran 12.7 at the track. That's why i didn't bother putting my Dart back on the road.
Mick
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Mick wrote:They often feel quicker on the road, than the track. A 383 Duster i had felt mental when i took it down the street, it ran 12.7 at the track. That's why i didn't bother putting my Dart back on the road.
Mick
Coronet feels slow on the road.
Best take a crossword or something for the track then !!! :D
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Mick wrote:They often feel quicker on the road, than the track. A 383 Duster i had felt mental when i took it down the street, it ran 12.7 at the track. That's why i didn't bother putting my Dart back on the road.
Mick
the yanks feel quick on the road cause your constantly Bananarama! yerself in case some one pulls out on you 2 miles up the road :shock: :D ;)
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Mick

Post by Mick »

Lol. Too true, bit like riding a motorbike.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Yep, the 9 second Dart was lethal on the street and almost un-driveable; not pleasant at all............
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Mossy68 wrote:
Mick
Coronet feels slow on the road.
Best take a crossword or something for the track then !!! :D
I can go with that, especially with 2.76's!...my old '68 318 auto Charger felt ok for about the first month I had it, but it felt slow soon after that and had to go, the K code Muzzy soon changed that........put some 3.91 gears in it Gary as you said, that will liven it up a bit for the street and help at the track, just hope your bottom end is in good nick ;)

Les
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Pete wrote:Yep, the 9 second Dart was lethal on the street and almost un-driveable; not pleasant at all............
Well believe that...the 340 was mad enough and only a low 12 sec car, tried a quick shot of N20 on it just the once on the street, and that was the 1 time only. :shock: ...hit the stuff and it was like I'd climbed a ladder!!

Les
GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

My old GTX back in the 80's was only ever driven to the pod, used to drop the exhaust and run 12.8's on the street tires with 3:23 gears never even used to open the hood most times, best it run was 12.1 with slicks and 4:30 gears, the coronet has run 10.50 @ 130, but is ok on the street as long as you respect it, I'm used to driving it, but my passengers get a bit worried.
Petrol is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, Nitro is for racing!!!

Hell Yeah!! I'm a Redneck
Pete

Post by Pete »

Unless you have a Gear Vendors or REALLY Tall street tyres, you must be putting a lot of rpm on that motor, Jim.....then everything wears out quite quickly....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

30" tyres and 4:30 gears, I really only poodle around :oops: :oops: :oops:
Petrol is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, Nitro is for racing!!!

Hell Yeah!! I'm a Redneck
Pete

Post by Pete »

GTXJim wrote:...... I really only poodle around :oops: :oops: :oops:
I bet you do - I have 30" Tyres and 4.10's and that's enough.... ;)
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Got myself a pair of M/T drag radials. 28x10.5 r15 on 8" rims. 4 1/4 backspace but they foul the arch :oops:
Could get the base ball bat out and roll the arch but not something I'd really want to do as I'd have to lose the trim also.
A 235x60 r15 clears and still gives same diameter but not a lot of rubber where it counts !!!
May as well stick with what I've got on the car for now and see how it goes :thumbright:
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

GTXJim wrote:30" tyres and 4:30 gears, I really only poodle around :oops: :oops: :oops:
That shouldn't be terrible I reckon Jim....decided to take the 340 down to Tony Dicksons one evening in Kent.....had 26.5" tyres and 4.30's.....only did it the once though.......55mph was 4000rpm cruising, remember it well, not the nicest experience.....I would call that a strip/street car.

Les
db

Post by db »

4.56 gears on mine.
It was a bit of a pain with 29" tyres, now it's on 31"s it's great fun on the road :thumbright:
No-one will believe you...
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

db wrote:4.56 gears on mine.
It was a bit of a pain with 29" tyres, now it's on 31"s it's great fun on the road :thumbright:
And what size do you use for the track Paul ?
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013