UK Improvements & Discount Code - RockAuto

Moderator: Moderators

RockAuto

UK Improvements & Discount Code - RockAuto

Post by RockAuto »

Hello everyone,

RockAuto is continuously making improvements to better serve our parts customers in the UK. We have expanded inventory at our UK warehouses and added Parcelforce as a less expensive option for quick shipping. Visit RockAuto.com to see our new selection of parts from local warehouses, new shipping methods from domestic carriers and, as always, payment methods that do not require currency conversion!

And don't forget that forum members have a discount code that can be used on http://www.rockauto.co.uk:

5% Discount Code: 6A405741F1F0
Expires: February 15th, 2014

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount. Please note that orders using discount codes must be placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts.

If you have a question about our parts or about an order, please check out our FAQ page (www.rockauto.com/lang/en/faq.html) or send us an email at service@rockauto.com or call us at +001 608 661 1376.

Office Hours (GMT)
Mon - Thur 12 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Fri 12 p.m. to 3 a.m.
Sat 1 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Sun 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Mick

Post by Mick »

I take it you still take the vat at point of purchase because if that is passed onto parcel force they charge a brokerage fee.
Mick
RockAuto

Post by RockAuto »

Hello,

Yes, you do have the option to pay VAT at the point of purchase for Parcelforce.

Thanks for your interest!
shovelheadrob

Post by shovelheadrob »

The duty need to be paid upfront aswell or they will still charge a handling fee, which with lowish value can be more than the taxes!
You can't have too much power, only a lack of traction!
RockAuto

Post by RockAuto »

Hello,

Everything should be paid for at the point of purchase.

Thanks!
Mick

Post by Mick »

That's exactly the point i was trying to make. I've been buying parts from you, knowing your prices were good and the duty was paid direct to you, making for a quicker delivery and no handling charges at this end.
Mick :thumbright:
RockAuto

Post by RockAuto »

Got it! To give you more information about Parcelforce, we use Parcelforce principally as an intra-EU carrier. If a shipment remains within the EU, then there is no import and therefore no import duty. Parcelforce offers a global service in addition to a regional one and so if a customer is outside the EU, then there very well could be import duty, consumption taxes, and ancillary charges. However, those would apply to an import regardless of the carrier.

We've bee using Parcelforce for several weeks now and we have heard no complaints about duty/tax and/or additional fees. I suggest you give them a try!
John

Post by John »

Anyone know if Is there an updated discount code?
Lifes Too Fast But The Car`s Not, It even managed to miss the boat twice.
Now passed customs.
Now on route.
Now in posession.
Now costing me sh*t loads.
jerry

Post by jerry »

Type rock auto discount code into google it will give you codes :thumbright:
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Alternatively John, sign in as a memeber (its free). I did this to save the faffing about and being able to check order history etc......I missed the last code on here by 3 days and had quite a bit i wanted, so the 5% was worth having.

Anyway, logged in and low and behold top right hand corner in my acoount i had a 5% off code that expires mid March! :thumbright:

Deffo worth it if your like me and buy from em a couple of times a year! :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"