69 Dart GTS for sale

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

69 Dart GTS for sale

Post by Anonymous »

Hi, I've got to sell my 69 Dodge Dart GTS. :(

Thought somebody may be able to give her a good home.

She is a numbers matching 340 car with the 727 torqueflight and a hurst shifter. I'm asking much less than market value for two reasons. One I need a quick sale as I'm buying a house :o and two, she needs one or two jobs doing to make her really special.

most of you guys wouldn't think twice about doing these things, but I'm not much of a mechanic :oops: and i need a car that doesn't demand so much time and attention.

If anyone's interested I have loads of pics I can email and lots more info.

Thanks folks, Jon
Alex

Post by Alex »

Welcome to the board ! I hope selling the car oes not mean you will be leaving the club :cry: you need to stay to keep up to date with whats going on and so you can get first shot at the new Mopar you will be buying when you get withdrawal symptoms :D

Pretty car BTW, I love 340 Darts !
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Keep it and get info and enthusiasm from the board to restore it! Looks great by the way 8)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah, I'll definitely want another one!!! This ones a bit too strip tuned for me now, as soon as I get some more money :? I'll be after a stock cruiser... You ain't got rid of me yet. :D

Open to offers around ?7k for this car, that would put me back on the road to mopar ownership in the future. Bizarre logic but it's all planned in my head... :wink:
DaveBishop

GTS

Post by DaveBishop »

I used to own it years ago about 1980 I think
2 x 1969 Dodge Darts
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Cool! Did you do the engine mods? what was it like when you had it? I know it was b5 blue orig and maybe black at some point?
DaveBishop

GTS

Post by DaveBishop »

The person who had the car off of me called Jim done all the engine mods.I got it off a mate of mine for ?250 had the car for about a year the sold it for ?350. it was metal flake black when I got it. It had a massive scoop on the bonett that I took off and I spent days trying to get the bonett flat again. It also had a white interior when I had it. Jim put the present interior in it. It also had a manual box in it for a while.
2 x 1969 Dodge Darts
Mick

Post by Mick »

Jonny, where do you live, i live in Nottm and i've got a GTS.
Mick
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hi Dave.

Going back to 1980 i seem to recall you sold the car to John Bowden from Northolt.... is that right? Then i think he sold it to Jim (? - forgotten his surname), - he owned the car for years, and did a lot of work to it.

Prior to that, i sold a yellow '66 Coronet to John Bowden, which he street raced all the time untill the 440 let go.

Those were the days.
DaveBishop

GTS

Post by DaveBishop »

You are wright Jim It was John that I sold it to. Time does funny things to our memories. I remember that Coronet I towed it back from the pod with my 68 Coronet when the engine let go. At the time he thourght it was just the starter motor. He rebuilt the engine and got the Coronet going again but blew the engine a few months later I then bought it off him rebuilt it and but it in my Silver 69 Dart. After about six months of driving it on the road someone wanted to swap the engine for a complete 340 T/A engine minus the six pack. I still have the engine its in another 69 Dart
2 x 1969 Dodge Darts
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Wow! It sounds like my car is well remembered! Unfortunately with the engine mods it's a bit beyond me to work on. It has a leaking crank seal and manifold gaskets at the mo. I want to sell it quick so it doesn't deteriorate while I'm not running it. That would be a real crime. It's in great shape apart from that though, just a bit of tidying needed.
I live in Uppingham, Rutland. Is your car the yellow 68 GTS I've seen at a couple of shows?
Holly

Post by Holly »

The '68 GTS is now owned by Dean Inskip (aka 'Skippy' on here), previously owned by Alex, and Jim before that!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yeah I loved that 'ol '68 ! have you checked out the GTS register??
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

And I'm still lovin' it Alex.